Bitcoin News Today - Boxed teams up with Lolli for bitcoin rewards Online bulk-products retailer Boxed.com has partnered with rewards...Read more
Bitcoin News Today - Goldman Offers New Bitcoin Derivatives to Wall Street Investors Goldman Sachs Group Inc. is wading deeper...Read more
Bitcoin News Today - Bitcoin Miners Summit Coming To Lake of the Ozarks In June The most well-known cryptocurrency in...Read more
Bitcoin News Today - Metromile Plans to Adopt Bitcoin to Offer Drivers More SAN FRANCISCO, May 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE)...Read more
Bitcoin News Today - Bitcoin rises 6.8 % to $56,852.03 (Reuters) – Bitcoin rose 6.8% to $56,852.03 by 1000 GMT...Read more
Bitcoin News Today - Asian companies accelerate shift to Bitcoin as price surges TOKYO -- Companies in Asia are beginning...Read more
Bitcoin News Today - Why Governments Can't Ban Bitcoin Worried About A Ban? Then You Need Bitcoin More Than You...Read more
Bitcoin News Today - Bitcoin Devours More Electricity Than Many Countries Bitcoin, along with other cryptocurrencies, has been criticized...Read more
Bitcoin News Today - Bitcoin is coming to hundreds of US banks, says crypto firm NYDIG Bitcoin may be taking...Read more
Physical Properties of Currency
- Divisible: A currency must be divisible so that units of its value can be paid to match the value of your purchase. Bitcoin News.
- Scarce: Money has to be sufficiently rare. If the medium of the currency is easily obtainable or reproducible, it will have little
worth and be easily counterfeited.
- Portable: For a currency to be convenient, it must be portable.
- Uniform: Every unit of a currency must be equal in value. Diamonds are not fungible because there are other properties of a diamond that makes it worth more or less than any other diamond.
- Durable: Money must not have a property that allows it to decay over time. Any perishable items are a good example of this: Apples, Spices, Tea, Milk, etc.
- Acceptable: Trusted and accepted by all.
Bitcoin – What makes a good…
|2||No counterfeiting||Verification of ownership
Verification of transaction
Low Transaction Cost
|4||Managed by Central Bank to deal with
|No Monetary or Fiscal Policy tool|
|5||Denomination of Contracts||No Denomination|
|6||No issue with Liquidity||Exchange System to guarantee liquidity|
|7||Peer to Peer||Needs Clearing System|
What is Bitcoin?
A peer-to-peer internet currency that allows decentralized (verification) transfers of value between individuals and businesses:
- Bitcoin is the system
- Bitcoins are the units
In economic terms:
- An International Currency
- An international clearing system
- A payment system/network