Bitcoin goldâs developer staff introduced Friday night time that it foiled a 51 % assault that it had recognized was coming for over per week.
- Bitcoin gold alerted exchanges and mining swimming pools of the assault on July 2, and posted a discover to the neighborhood on July 10 noting that it was time for âeverybody else to improve their nodes.â
- The staff solely revealed the tried community takeover to the general public after the unknown attacker, which had been mining blocks since July 1, launched 1300 blocks late Friday night time.
- Builders had circulated an replace that featured a checkpoint at block 640650 on July 2. That checkpoint prevented the attackerâs chain from taking up the trustworthy chain, they mentioned Friday.
- âNearly all of trustworthy pool hashpower continues to mine on the trustworthy chain,â web site maintainer CryptoDJ mentioned within the put up.Â
- In accordance with the cryptocurrencyâs official web site, there are solely 108 bitcoin gold nodes that are on this planet. Practically 30% of them are in Germany.Â Bitcoin Gold communications director Edward Iskra informed Fintech Zoom that these solely signify instantly responsive nodes, and never ones that donât enable incoming connections.
- The price appears to have been unaffected by the tried assault, buying and selling between $9 and $10 since Tuesday, based on Bitfinex
UPDATE (July 11, 2020, 04:23 UTC): This text has been up to date with extra info.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the writer and don’t essentially replicate these of Nasdaq, Inc.