Google Shopping product leader Surojit Chatterjee is leaving Alphabet Inc for the chief product officer role at cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase Inc, the San Francisco-based startup announced on Wednesday.
Chatterjee, a vice president at Google, last year oversaw the launch of a major redesign of Google Shopping, a service that has long struggled to catch up to Amazon.com Inc’s dominance in e-commerce. Google Shopping offers items from many brands and retailers in an online storefront.
Chatterjee will aim to make cryptocurrencies, such as bitcoin and ethereum, mainstream and easy options for paying for goods and services, especially in cross-border transactions, Armstrong said. Chatterjee assumes his role on Monday.
Cryptocurrency Exchange Coinbase was valued at more than $8 billion in a 2018 financing round and counts Tiger Global Management and New York Stock Exchange owner Intercontinental Exchange Inc among its investors.
- Fintech News Today 01.14
- Fintech News Today – January 9
About Bitcoin Price Prediction:
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020: BTC will be around $70,000 by Alexey Ermakov
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020: BTC will strongly be influenced by one major event: the Bitcoin – halving, by Moritz…
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020: Its best days still lie ahead of it, by Jeff Barroga
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020 Ranging Between $8k and $10k by Pascal Thellmann
- My Bitcoin price prediction for 2020 is $20,000 – Eric Brown
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020 – Part 1
- Buy Bitcoin Without ID
- How to Trade Bitcoin?
- Which altcoin will replace Bitcoin?
- 5 Best Bitcoin Margin Trading Exchange
- Bitcoin: Bull Run has come?