JANUARY 16, 2020 / 15:58 UTC
LONDON (Fintech Zoom) – Crypto Exchange QuadrigaCX – The FBI is emailing QuadrigaCX victims, confirming the federal agency is investigating the circumstances around the Canadian crypto exchange’s collapse.
According to an email sent to multiple users of the exchange and shared with CoinDesk, Valerie Gauthier, a victim specialist with the FBI, has been reaching out to former users of the exchange to alert them of a new portal containing information about the case, confirming that the investigation continues.
Fitntech Zoom announced QuadrigaCX: tragedy or exit cinematographic scam? and Quadriga: The cryptocurrency exchange that lost $135m by BBC
“A criminal investigation can be a lengthy undertaking, and, for several reasons, we cannot tell you about its progress at its time,” Gauthier wrote.
Victims can contact the FBI at firstname.lastname@example.org, though “inquiries about the status of the case will not be addressed,” she wrote.
The FBI has reportedly been investigating Quadriga since March 2019, and it announced in June it was looking for victims of the exchange. At the time, the agency included a questionnaire for individuals to fill out.
The FBI is one of at least four national investigative agencies looking into Quadriga, along with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. The other two agencies have not been publicly disclosed, though an Australian investigative agency appears to be one of the groups.
Separately, Roger Knox, the founder and operator of Swiss asset management firm Wintercap, formerly known as Silverton, pled guilty to securities fraud before a Boston judge on Monday.
About Bitcoin Price Prediction:
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020: BTC will be around $70,000 by Alexey Ermakov
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020: BTC will strongly be influenced by one major event: the Bitcoin – halving, by Moritz…
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020: Its best days still lie ahead of it, by Jeff Barroga
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020 Ranging Between $8k and $10k by Pascal Thellmann
- My Bitcoin price prediction for 2020 is $20,000 – Eric Brown
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020 – Part 1
- Buy Bitcoin Without ID
- How to Trade Bitcoin?
- Which altcoin will replace Bitcoin?
- 5 Best Bitcoin Margin Trading Exchange
- Bitcoin: Bull Run has come?
Crypto Exchange QuadrigaCX