JANUARY 20, 2020 / 23:44 UTC
DAVOS, Switzerland (Fintech Zoom) – How to Tax the Digital Economy – Bitcoin Tax
In Davos, a search for meaning with capitalism in crisis
The World Economic Forum, the most concentrated gathering of wealth and power on the planet, will begin once again amid a natural fortress of snow and ice in the Swiss Alps. President Trump is jetting in for a scheduled address Tuesday. Dozens of other world leaders are in attendance; a who’s who list of CEOs, fund managers, oligarchs and a smattering of celebrities will join the throngs cramming the pop-up pavilions and swanky hotel parties of the otherwise sleepy mountain town.
So, attention to these 2 Sessions:
How to Tax the Digital Economy
With estimates of trillions of dollars held offshore in corporate tax havens, 135 countries are debating proposals to address the tax challenges posed by a global economy that is increasingly
digitalized. How can policy-makers and businesses work together to modernize the rules and ensure countries get their fair share of tax revenu
This session was developed in partnership with France 24.
- Public Speakers
- Stephen Carroll
Senior Business Editor, France 24
- Katharina Pistor
Edwin B. Parker Professor of Comparative Law, Columbia Law School
- Angel Gurría
Secretary-General, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Bruno Le Maire
Minister of Economy and Finance, Ministry of Economy
Creating a Credible and Trusted Digital Currency
The possibility of a trusted global digital currency has sparked political, economic and regulatory
discussions worldwide. What trends are shaping the future of digital currencies?
On the Forum Agenda:
– Addressing financial inclusion
– Implications for security and digital trust
– Role of central banking and supervision
- Sheila Warren
Head of Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology, World Economic Forum LLC
- Tharman Shanmugaratnam
Chairman, Monetary Authority of Singapore; Senior Minister, Office of the Prime Minister of Singapore
- David Marcus
Head, Calibra, Facebook Inc.
- Valdis Dombrovskis
- Fintech News Today 01.14
- Fintech News Today – January 9
About Bitcoin Price Prediction:
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020: BTC will be around $70,000 by Alexey Ermakov
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020: BTC will strongly be influenced by one major event: the Bitcoin – halving, by Moritz…
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020: Its best days still lie ahead of it, by Jeff Barroga
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020 Ranging Between $8k and $10k by Pascal Thellmann
- My Bitcoin price prediction for 2020 is $20,000 – Eric Brown
- Bitcoin Price Prediction 2020 – Part 1
- Buy Bitcoin Without ID
- How to Trade Bitcoin?
- Which altcoin will replace Bitcoin?
- 5 Best Bitcoin Margin Trading Exchange
- Bitcoin: Bull Run has come?
Fintech News Today 01.17