Because the coronavirus pandemic continues throughout the nation, we perceive everybody has completely different consolation ranges – particularly in the case of touring. The Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) reported that the variety of vacationers by means of the airport within the first 5 months of 2020, in comparison with the primary 5 months of 2019, was down approx. 50%. Nevertheless, these numbers are starting to select again up now that almost all continuous locations can be found once more.
For the reason that begin of the pandemic, CAE has introduced new security measures it has carried out to assist preserve vacationers secure.
○ Extra frequent sanitizing of public seating areas and excessive contact areas, similar to handrails, escalators and elevator buttons.
○ Extra frequent and deeper cleansing of restrooms each two hours, and each hour when airport visitors will increase.
○ Hand sanitizing stations at the moment are situated earlier than and after the safety checkpoint, all through terminals + at departure gates.
○ Free face masks are supplied to each traveler + can be found on the info desk and the TSA checkpoint whereas provides final.
○ Shields have been put in at check-in desks and the TSA checkpoint.
○ Markers have been put in in retail shops and the safety checkpoint to advertise social distancing.
○ Briefly closed and decreased hours for meals companies and retail spots all through the airport + sanitizing card readers after every use.
What in regards to the airways?
○ American Airways, Delta Air Traces + United Airways fly with CAE and every now requires flyers to put on masks onboard. The airways will present one at no cost to those that don’t have a face protecting.
○ Delta Air Traces is limiting the capability on every of their flights, depending on aircraft measurement, and blockading center seats. Flights will even be boarded from again to entrance.
○ United Airways is permitting clients to alter flights which are anticipated to be pretty full and not using a charge. Flights will even be boarded from again to entrance + vacationers will likely be required to acknowledge they don’t have COVID-19 signs.
○ American Airways is limiting foods and drinks service on flights, depending on flight size.