How to lead in purchasing transformation at Amazon Business Exchange
What better way to learn about purchasing transformation than to listen to purchasing leaders who have already done it — and with great success. At Amazon Business Exchange (ABX) Europe on Oct. 5, purchasing leaders from all industries and sectors will be sharing their strategies and best practice tips to help other procurement, supply chain and finance professionals deliver their transformation projects faster and with less friction.
Amazon for business is specifically designed to bring the convenience, efficiency and value to the B2B buying world that the B2C buying world has been enjoying for some years. To that end, it has designed ABX Europe to bring together the heads of all kinds of organizations to talk about their personal experiences, success stories and best practices as an Amazon Business customer. It’s an opportunity to gain firsthand intelligence to help you successfully transform your own business-buying processes, learn from the experts and avoid the holes that others have already stepped in.
What can you expect to hear at ABX, and from whom?
This year sees another impressive lineup of senior professionals speaking from leading organizations like bp, Acciona, Schneider Electric, Universität der Bundeswehr, Faurecia, Amorim Cork, Lantania, Applus+ and more, alongside senior Amazon Business and AWS leaders. So it’s a good mix of industries from both private and public sector.
Particular highlights to look forward to include:
- Jewish Care’s Business Manager of Operations, Helena Katseph, discussing how switching to digital purchasing has helped them to become more organized with their spending and driven more savings for their organisation. Jewish Care is the largest health and social care organisation serving the Jewish community in the south-east of England, touching approximately 10,000 people’s lives each week, with procurement needs to match.
- Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust’s Systems Development Manager, Ben Womack, explaining about the procurement issues that arose in the health industry during the pandemic and how digitalisation and advanced tools helped them streamline their processes to overcome those problems at a critical time.
- Schneider Electric’s Indirect Procurement Director, Gualtiero Mattavelli, discussing the ways in which Amazon Business tools have allowed his team to ensure an easy-to-use system for his staff, without compromising their long-term goals to use less suppliers as part of their CSR policies.
The virtual event will run as last year (read about that here with some added insight from one of the speakers) with one small difference: It will be shorter. This year’s event is designed to give the delegate targeted intelligence in a short, sharp and fast format. It’s free to attend and will take up just two-and-a-half hours of your valuable time, yet deliver 14 topical and interactive sessions that address some of the universal themes on business leaders’ minds right now, like:
- Cost savings — Discover how the latest purchasing technology has been employed to automate accounting and administrative tasks and help reduce costs for small and medium-size businesses.
- Digital transformation — Turning nearly all aspects of the purchasing process digital is a trend that’s growing like never before. Learn about the mindset, skillsets and toolsets required to implement this vital organizational change and how leveraging AB can drive digital transformation across the procurement function.
- AI/ML — Hear the latest on how AB is building artificial intelligence and machine learning into the purchasing process to further drive cost and time savings through personalization, automation and improved decision making.
- CSR and sustainability — ABX will demonstrate how to make it easier to purchase sustainably for both products and shipping practices while supporting local businesses and more diverse selling partners.
- Partners — AB integrates with over 100 leading procurement systems across the globe to help simplify your purchasing process. Learn how you can benefit from the punch-out feature and procurement software partners to help drive your digital transformation.
Amazon Business Director of UK & Ireland, Molly Dobson, remarked how much the purchasing landscape has changed since the start of the pandemic. She’s excited to see that more and more organizations of all sizes are optimizing digital purchasing technology to save costs and become more efficient.
Spend Matters will be talking to her about her expectations from the conference and what actionable insights delegates will be taking back to their own organizations — look out for that post on the morning of Oct. 5 when we hope to see you at another helpful and informative ABX event.
Learn more about Amazon Business Exchange here.
Access the full list of speakers here.
And register for free here.
It’s worth noting that most of the event will be conducted in English, but there will be live subtitles in German, French, Italian and Spanish, and there will be dedicated sessions for country updates in UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain; each in its local language. So bring along your questions for an interactive Q&A.
Of course, digital events have the distinct advantage of being virtual, so you don’t have to be in Europe if you’d like to attend from anywhere in the world, and because it’s not a time-consuming event, you can invite your work colleagues too!
We look forward to seeing you at:
Amazon Business Exchange Europe
Oct. 5, 2021
9 am-11:30 am BST/10 am-12:30 pm CEST