Leo is loving life along with his AMD RX 6800 XT graphics card to go alongside his liquid cooled Nvidia RTX 3080. Is he the luckiest graphics card fanatic round by having managed to bag each playing cards? And what’s precisely is happening with provide? Let’s have a dialogue…
Watch by way of our Vimeo channel (under) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- 00:00 Video Begin
- 00:13 Introduction
- 00:57 Leo exhibits off to harass individuals
- 01:24 Paper launches – or are they?!
- 02:40 Leo buys GPUs and public hate him for it – so do many of the KitGuru crew
- 03:49 e-tailers speak to KitGuru about pricing and stock points – Nvidia store crashes
- 06:14 Why can’t Nvidia web site deal with large site visitors anyway?
- 08:00 KitGuru workers get some playing cards after 10 weeks ready
- 09:09 Is it actually a paper launch? Why is provide so restricted?
- 11:00 TSMC and processes
- 12:35 Everyone seems to be impressed with AMD… however
- 14:43 Luke and Leo talk about stock, demand and issues
- 18:43 Closing ideas
- Leo is among the fortunate few who managed to get his arms on the RX 6800 XT at launch
- He did should ask a favour to get his card reserved, although!
- Leo additionally has the RTX 3080 which he purchased from a contact at a non-scalper price
- Is Leo the luckiest geek within the UK with entry to each of those monster graphics playing cards?
The Stock Scenario Appears Dire!
- Stock points Galore!
- Was this a paper launch for Nvidia and AMD?
- E-tailers have had a troublesome time getting stock too
- They’re getting a really small fraction of the models that they’ve ordered
- It has been robust for shoppers to even purchase with the web sites crashing often
- Drastic measures have been taken by some e-tailers to deal with these points
- Many anti-scalper measures too
- KitGuru’s James lastly received his RTX 3080 that he ordered himself on launch day
- By no means thoughts which AIB card do you purchase; you simply purchase no matter you will get your arms on!
Why Is the Provide So Constrained?
- Why is provide so restricted, even accounting for the large demand?
- Is TSMC’s fabs being below such excessive demand taking part in an element?
- What about Nvidia’s playing cards which might be fabbed by Samsung however are nonetheless out of stock in lots of locations?
Credit score to AMD For Lastly Delivering a Aggressive Flagship… With TSMC’s Help
- Stock points apart, AMD has achieved a terrific job alongside TSMC, particularly with these new Large Navi graphics playing cards…
- However they’ve additionally had some luck alongside the way in which!
And Extra on Provide Constraints!
- Are cardboard bins accountable… most likely not!
- Maybe the worldwide points have performed a much bigger half within the provide challenges than we realise
- Fingers crossed TSMC’s new US fab will assist ease provide pressures sooner or later
- When do you suppose it is possible for you to to purchase an Ampere or Large Navi graphics card?
Talk about on our Fb web page HERE.
KitGuru says: Have you ever been fortunate sufficient to get your arms on one of many new graphics playing cards? Are you continue to ready on your pre-order? Or have you ever been utterly dissuaded on a purchase order by the launch issues?
Turn out to be a Patron!
Only in the near past, MSI introduced a brand new line of ‘SUPRIM’ graphics playing cards. These new RTX 3080s …