FORT WORTH, Texas — Football season is upon us and American Airlines is ready to connect customers to a live TV football experience in the skies with live action for every game day. To make the announcement, American drafted a professional football legend to create a tongue-in- cheek social media video [insert link] to help bring life to an inflight entertainment brainstorm.
- Don’t miss a snap! American has you covered with live action for every game day.
- Traveling to the big game? Fasten your seatbelts to earn miles on the way and when you arrive.
FORT WORTH, Texas — Football season is upon us and American Airlines is ready to connect customers to a live TV football experience in the skies with live action for every game day. To make the announcement, American drafted a professional football legend to create a tongue-in- cheek social media video to help bring life to an inflight entertainment brainstorm.
Beginning Sept. 9, customers traveling on any of American’s domestic narrowbody aircraft will have free access to live sports and news networks 24/7. The beefed-up offering means fans of college and professional football won’t miss a snap if they are flying during a big game.
“Investing in our Wi-Fi technology has allowed us to deliver more than movies and TV shows,” said Clarissa Sebastian, Managing Director of Premium Customer Experience and Onboard Products. “American works with innovative partners to provide consumers with content that reflects our customers and their passion points, and we know being able to watch live sports is really exciting for many travelers.”
American has the fastest Wi-Fi on more aircraft than any other carrier and was the first to offer free music streaming and a Lifestyle inflight entertainment channel that includes e-learning tools such as Rosetta Stone and Skillshare.
Connecting is simple. Customers can access inflight entertainment on their personal device and connect to the “AA-Inflight” signal. Once connected, customers will be redirected to aainflight.com, American’s Wi-Fi and entertainment portal.
Get in the game: earn and redeem miles whether you’re flying or driving to the big game
Members of the award-winning AAdvantage® loyalty program can enjoy exclusive promotions and endless opportunities to earn miles both in flight and on the ground doing everyday things, like celebrating throughout football season. Some of the ways to earn miles or redeem them this season and beyond include:
- Earning AAdvantage miles when you shop for tailgate and sports gear from popular stores like Fanatics, Bass Pro Shops and Dick’s Sporting Goods. Just shop through AAdvantage eShopping mall at 950+ online stores and earn miles for every dollar you spend.
- Scoring miles when you score tickets through Vivid Seats Currently, AAdvantage members earn 1 mile per dollar on all ticket purchases. Win the ticketing game by earning 2,500 bonus miles on NFL tickets purchased Sept. 25 through Sept. 30, 2021.
- Traveling to a game? Now until Oct. 31, book rental cars with Avis or Budget at aa.com/car and save on base rates while earning AAdvantage bonus miles.
- Traveling for gameday? Find a restaurant where you can enjoy the game and earn miles at the same time. Hosting a watch party? Order carryout from one of 13,000 newly added restaurants to help you get gameday ready with pizza and wings.
Fans can also use their miles for flights, upgrades, vacations, car rentals, hotel stays and more. Customers who aren’t yet AAdvantage members can enroll today to start earning miles.
About American Airlines Group
American’s purpose is to care for people on life’s journey. Shares of American Airlines Group Inc. trade on Nasdaq under Fintech Zoom symbol (AAL) and the company’s stock is included in the S&P 500. Learn more about what’s happening at American by visiting news.aa.com and connect with American on Twitter @AmericanAir and at Facebook.com/AmericanAirlines.