Welcome to 10 Issues Earlier than the Opening Bell. Join right here to get this e-mail in your inbox each morning.
Here is what that you must know earlier than markets open.
1. Chinese language stocks plunge and lead world markets decrease as traders weigh escalating US-China tensions operating past ‘mere tariffs’. Chinese language mainland stocks dived virtually 4%, whereas equities in Europe have been 2% decrease throughout morning commerce.
2. The worst of Europe’s coronavirus recession seems to be over, in response to a set of widely-watched enterprise surveys. Output throughout the euro space grew on the quickest charge in over two years as economies reopened, IHS Markit’s chief economist commented.
3. Goldman Sachs has agreed a $3.9 billion settlement with Malaysia over the 1MDB scandal. The funding bank was concerned within the scandal when it helped the wealth fund safe $6.5 billion of financing by means of bonds.
4. Famed short-seller Jim Chanos reportedly made $100 million betting in opposition to collapsed fintech Wirecard. “In the event you’re a basic short-seller, the Wirecard story was a traditional,” Chanos instructed the Monetary Occasions.
5. Greater than 1,000 Twitter workers and contractors had entry to the interior software that was core to its large hack. Twitter is working with the FBI to ascertain precisely what occurred.
6. An Andreessen Horowitz associate explains Three huge cybersecurity traits which are profitable out due to COVID-19 – and the toughest half about beginning a brand new firm through the disaster. Martin Casado stated distant work, VPNs, and id safety have been positioned to succeed throughout and after COVID-19.
7. Purchase these 19 low-cost healthcare stocks poised to beat the market no matter election final result and the destiny of Obamacare, BTIG says. BTIG recommends a bunch of stocks ideally positioned to crush the market, no matter who wins the 2020 presidential election.
8. Bernstein says purchase these 13 dividend-rich stocks constructed to capitalize on a development not seen in 65 years. Dividend yields from stocks exceed bond yields by essentially the most since 1955 – and Bernstein has picked out the highest-quality names on the market.
9. Earnings preserve coming. Verizon, NextEra Vitality, American Specific, and Schlumberger are highlights.
10. On the info docket. The IHS Markit US Buying Managers’ Index and new US dwelling gross sales are due at present.