American Express – Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Tottenham Hotspur 2021: Premier League match time, TV channels, how to watch
Tottenham Hotspur lost to Liverpool on Thursday, as is always the case. For whatever reason the Reds just always come out ahead, and while the loss was not encouraging, at least it was not unexpected. Spurs have the opportunity to move on quickly with a trip to the Amex on Sunday, though.
The schedule has been hectic all year, and the next month is no different. February has eight fixtures on the calendar, including Thursday’s derby against Chelsea, a Fifth Round FA Cup tie, and both Round of 32 legs of the Europa League. Grabbing three points against the Seagulls would be good way to head into the next stretch.
Tottenham’s 2-1 win over Brighton in November came during the club’s best stretch of the season, specifically in defense. Harry Kane drew a penalty, and converted of course, to open up the scoring, but a controversial equalizer by Tariq Lamptey was allowed to stand, despite a clear foul in the build-up. Spurs were saved by a Gareth Bale header, his first goal since returning to North London.
While Tottenham has had some problems since that run of matches, things have been much worse for Brighton, winners of only one match since Thanksgiving. The home side sits just above the relegation zone, and will not want to risk falling any further. Spurs were clinical against an overmatched Sheffield United last weekend; perhaps they can put on an encore on Sunday.
— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 31, 2021
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, January 31, 2021
Time: 2:15 p.m. ET, 7:15 p.m. BT
Location: American Express Community Stadium, Brighton, England
TV: none (USA), Sky Sport Main Event (UK)
Streaming: Peacock Premium (USA), Sky GO Extra (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!
Tag: American Express