BionTech – 19 – Swissmedic approves Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine — UNIAN
The information accessible thus far confirmed a comparable, excessive degree of effectiveness in all age teams examined.
The Swiss Company for Therapeutic Merchandise (Swissmedic) has granted approval for the primary Covid-19 vaccine in Switzerland, collectively produced by the American Pfizer and the German BioNTech.
“In accordance with the information evaluated by the Swiss Company for Therapeutic Merchandise, the vaccination safety seven days after the second vaccination is over 90%. It’s the world’s first approval in an extraordinary course of,” the Ukrainian media outlet European Pravda mentioned on December 19, referring to the regulator’s web site.
Learn additionallyU.S. FDA authorizes Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for emergency useSwissmedic obtained an software for the approval of the coronavirus vaccine two months in the past. The information accessible thus far confirmed a comparable, excessive degree of effectiveness in all age teams examined and met the security necessities.
“Individuals aged 16 and over may be vaccinated towards the brand new kind of coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), taking into consideration the official vaccination suggestions of the federal authorities. For optimum vaccination safety, two intramuscular vaccinations are beneficial no less than 21 days aside,” the report mentioned.
Swissmedic can also be contemplating purposes for the approval of the Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines.
Vaccination towards COVID-19 has began: Newest
- On December 1, British authorities championed the approval for mass use of a vaccine collectively produced by the American Pfizer and the German BioNTech, whereas two different vaccines – the U.S.-made Moderna and the British AstraZeneca – had been pending regulatory assessment.
- On December 8, Britain was the primary nation amongst Western powers to start out mass vaccination towards coronavirus. Highest threat teams, together with medics and social staff, shall be vaccinated within the first place.
- In Israel, the second part of scientific trial on volunteers will begin within the coming days of the Brilife vaccine, developed by the Weizmann Institute for Organic Analysis.
- In the meantime, in Ukraine, the Ministry of Well being has drawn up the schedule for upcoming vaccination towards COVID-19. The nation is anticipated to obtain the vaccine within the first half of 2021. In whole, Kyiv expects to obtain Eight million doses on the first stage.
- On December 6, Chairman of the Fee on Biosafety and Organic Safety below the Council of Nationwide Safety and Protection, Academician Serhiy Komisarenko mentioned mass vaccination may launch in Ukraine no sooner than mid-2021.