MicroStrategy’s Stock Rose With Bitcoin, Will It Continue? — Trefis
MicroStrategy Inc’s stock (NASDAQ: MSTR) rose by 29% to $721 in the last twenty-one trading days. In comparison, the broader S&P500 rose by 1.9% over the last twenty-one trading days. MicroStrategy provides business intelligence, mobile software, and cloud-based services and is the first publicly traded company to invest significant treasury assets in Bitcoin. Bitcoin prices have been soaring again in the past month due to various factors like Elon Musk saying Tesla might start accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment again, Twitter’s CEO Dorsey saying the social network is looking to integrate the crypto into its operations, and a hint from e-commerce giant Amazon that it might be entering the crypto space as it posted a job listing for “Digital Currency and Blockchain Product Lead.” Over the last month MSTR’s stock has gained high traction as Bitcoin prices continue to soar. Now, is MSTR stock poised to grow? Based on our machine learning analysis of trends in the stock price over the last ten years, there is a 65% chance of a near term rise in MSTR stock over the next month (twenty-one trading days). See our analysis on MicroStrategy’s Stock Chances Of Rise for more details.
Five Days: MSTR 0.8%, vs. S&P500 0.8%; In line with market
(40% event probability)
- MicroStrategy’s stock rose 0.8% over a five day trading period ending 8/11/2021, compared to the broader market (S&P500) which rose 0.8%
- A change of 0.8% or more over five trading days has a 40% event probability, which has occurred 1014 times out of 2517 in the last ten years
Ten Days: MSTR 15%, vs. S&P500 1%; Outperformed market
(5% event probability)
- MicroStrategy’s stock rose 15% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to the broader market (S&P500) rise of 1%
- A change of 15% or more over ten trading days has a 5% event probability, which has occurred 122 times out of 2517 in the last ten years
Twenty-One Days: MSTR 29%, vs. S&P500 2%; Outperformed market
(3% event probability)
- MicroStrategy’s stock rose 29% over the last twenty-one trading days (one month), compared to the broader market (S&P500) rise of 2%
- A change of 29% or more over twenty-one trading days has a 3% event probability, which has occurred 78 times out of 2517 in the last ten years
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market since 2016.
See all Trefis price Estimates and Download Trefis Data here
What’s behind Trefis? See How It’s Powering New Collaboration and What-Ifs For CFOs and Finance Teams | Product, R&D, and Marketing Teams
Read here about Ethereum price.
And here about markets data.