Are you living in an area with insufficient space? Are you looking for additional storage for your home? Do you want to make your space look stylish and unique? We know that some of you are living in condominium units or rooms with limited space. Functional furniture with secret storage is the perfect solution to this issue. Nowadays, it makes us feel relaxed when we decorate and shop for furniture to make our home comfortable.
To conserve your space, you must spend on space-saving furniture. Interior designers always suggest buying an item that has multiple functions. One of them is a storage ottoman. Aside from being versatile, they are one of the best storage solutions you can have at home without spending too much.
Here are the different ways on how a storage ottoman is going to be helpful for you and your home!
1. Footrest It can double as a footrest while reading a book and watching your favorite movies. After long hours of work, an ottoman can be your companion when it comes to relaxing. Instead of buying large sofas, a storage ottoman is enough for smooth relaxation. The ottoman’s low height also makes it perfect to tuck it under the tables and bring it out only when it’s needed.
2. Coffee Table Are you a coffee lover? This would be great furniture for you. Buying a coffee table would occupy too much space in your home. This ottoman could be your coffee table and at the same time could be a storage for your stuff. It is sturdy enough to support a solid tray with cups and saucers.
3. Storage for your shoes It will save up your space instead of putting another shoe rack for your extra shoes. It will also look organized by avoiding your shoe clutter on your floor. A storage ottoman is the best way to hide away your shoes right away.
4. Extra seat Chilling with your friends at your home is the most comfortable way to relax. But how about when you only have one large sofa and you need an extra chair for your guest? You should invest in this ottoman for an extra seat for your friends. For sure, they would love to sit on that first. Does your space have a porch? Get your ottoman and put it on your porch. You can use it while you’re watching the sunset.
5. Keep your comfort food Aside from using the ottoman for extra seating, This would also serve as storage for your junk foods, candies, and biscuits. These comfort foods are placed sometimes near your bed or sofa. This is great for making your secret stash of food and using them when chilling with your family and friends or just by having your “me” time.
6. Laundry basket Ottoman can also be storage for your unwashed clothes. Compared to the laundry basket, it is small in size and enclosed storage to avoid dispersing bad odor from your clothes.
7. Storage for your gaming equipment Are you a gamer? Or do you have a gamer in your household? To avoid buying another cabinet for your gaming consoles and cables used for your gaming setup, this would be storage for you. It also keeps your space organized by putting the cables inside your ottoman.
8. Children’s toy box Do you have kids? Do they always play with their toys and end up leaving their toys on the floor? You can use it as a storage box to keep the mess. It would be easy for you to clean up their toys after they have played. Another thing, you can use the ottoman to teach them to arrange their toys.
One of the most astounding interior ideas that you can apply to your home is to add eyecatching furniture. Listed above are the different ways to use your ottoman. This ottoman is one of the space-saving furniture you could get at an affordable price. However, before you buy ottoman storage, you should consider these factors when buying one:
Ottomans are available in natural colors made up of white, black, and gray. These colors make it easy to blend well with everything. But if you want an elegant look, beige with a touch of gold and silver on the stand would be a great deal. You can also choose a vibrant color for your furniture. For those who love patterns, ottomans are printed in floral or geometric patterns.
This functional furniture comes in different shapes such as rectangle, square, round, and oval. Mostly, consumers buy the rectangle in shape for more storage and conversion to a sofa bed for their guest rooms. If you choose a round or oval ottoman, you can have more space by using it for extra seating or a coffee table.
The material can make or break the ottoman. The leather exterior makes it perfect for any casual or formal setting. A soft cushion gives a comfortable feeling to your footrest.
Have you decided yet? Use these as a guide to get your perfect ottoman. It will be the centerpiece of your space. Your guest can’t resist talking about your interior. Make your room comfortable even with limited space with a stylish and classy ambiance. For more inspo, you can check out Storables.com!