UIA prepared to move vaccines in opposition to COVID-19 / Photograph from UNIAN
Ukraine’s largest air provider, Ukraine Worldwide Airlines (UIA), has introduced it is able to transport vaccines in opposition to COVID-19.
“UIA at all times takes a proactive place and expresses its readiness to move the vaccines each to Ukraine and around the globe,” in accordance with the corporate’s press service.
Learn additionallyCOVID-19 vaccination in Ukraine to begin in mid-February – Well being minister“For the reason that starting of 2021, the lively stage of vaccination has begun all around the world, which is able to have a tendency to extend all through the present 12 months. Given the peculiarities of compliance with the required temperature regimes, transportation of the vaccine by air is the quickest and most dependable methodology of supply. To be able to guarantee protected supply of vaccines, UIA has ready Boeing 737 and Boeing 767 plane to move the vaccines as cargo,” reads the report.
It’s famous UIA has transported 870 tonnes of medical cargo because the implementation of quarantine measures.
COVID-19 vaccine for Ukraine
- In February-March 2021, Ukraine expects the supply of a vaccine in opposition to COVID-19.
- The primary batch of a vaccine through the COVAX Facility will embrace eight million doses, which can be sufficient to vaccinate four million individuals (two pictures per particular person required). First to get vaccinated can be healthcare employees, the aged, and significantly in poor health sufferers.
- On December 24, 2020, Well being Minister Maksym Stepanov stated that his ministry was understanding a plan to extend the COVAX vaccine quota from eight million to 16 million doses.
- On December 30, Ukraine signed a contract with China’s Sinovac for the provision of 1.9 million doses of a coronavirus vaccine.
- On January 13, Stepanov stated the ministry plans to strike new offers quickly for the provision of vaccines in opposition to COVID-19.
UIA was based in 1992. It’s a 100% privately owned firm. The airline connects Ukraine with capitals and key cities of Europe, Asia, America, Africa, the Center East, and CIS nations and gives connections with its worldwide companions’ flights. Boryspil Airport is the bottom airport for UIA.