SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 30, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Broadcom Inc. (NASDAQ: AVGO) right this moment introduced sampling of its 5nm ASIC system for information heart and cloud infrastructure. Constructed on TSMC’s N5 course of and measuring 625 mm2, this system incorporates PCIe Gen5 protocol, 112-Gbps SerDes, HBM2e reminiscence working at 3.6 Gbps, and three.6-Tbps Die2Die PHY IP using TSMC CoWoS® interposer expertise. As well as, Broadcom has a number of ASIC gadgets in improvement focusing on synthetic intelligence (AI), excessive efficiency computing (HPC) and 5G wi-fi infrastructure functions.
5nm Expertise Portfolio Highlights
- Excessive velocity multi-protocol 112-Gbps, 64-Gbps and 32-Gbps SerDes cores
- HBM2e and HBM3 protocol answer
- Excessive bandwidth Die2Die PHY for multi-die SoC and silicon disaggregation
- Excessive efficiency and high-density normal cell libraries and reminiscence compilers
- Superior packaging options together with multi-chip-modules and a couple of.5D stacking
Advantages of 5nm ASIC Platform vs. Earlier Era
- 2x improve in on-die computation for coaching and inference functions
- 2x to 4x improve in reminiscence bandwidth with HBM2e and HBM3 PHY
- 2x larger bandwidth serial hyperlinks with 112-Gbps SerDes
- As much as 30% discount in energy per given work operate
- System dimension and value discount with superior packaging options
“Broadcom’s pioneering ASIC leverages both N5, the industry’s most advanced silicon technology, and our high-performance CoWoS integration solution to address the demanding requirements of next-generation cloud and data center applications,” stated Dr. Kevin Zhang, senior vice chairman of enterprise improvement at TSMC. “We’re excited to see the new applications Broadcom’s ASIC platform will enable, and look forward to continued partnership to empower end customers and their innovations.”
“This first-to-market 5nm ASIC extends Broadcom’s embedded SoC leadership and paves the way for new innovations across AI, HPC, 5G and hyperscale infrastructure applications,” stated Frank Ostojic, senior vice chairman and basic supervisor of the ASIC Product Division at Broadcom. “Our innovative IP, proven design methodology and partnership with TSMC continue to provide leadership solutions with power, performance and time to market advantage for our customers.”
Broadcom Inc. (NASDAQ: AVGO) is a world expertise chief that designs, develops and provides a broad vary of semiconductor and infrastructure software program options. Broadcom’s category-leading product portfolio serves important markets together with information heart, networking, enterprise software program, broadband, wi-fi, storage and industrial. Our options embrace information heart networking and storage, enterprise, mainframe and cyber safety software program centered on automation, monitoring and safety, smartphone elements, telecoms and manufacturing facility automation. For extra info, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom, the heartbeat emblem, and Connecting all the pieces are among the many logos of Broadcom. The time period “Broadcom” refers to Broadcom Inc., and/or its subsidiaries. Different logos are the property of their respective homeowners.
Phone: +1 408 433 8649