President Kristina M. Johnson despatched the next e mail to The Ohio State College neighborhood right now (Nov. 19).
Expensive College students, College and Workers,
Surging circumstances of COVID-19 throughout Ohio have prompted a statewide curfew, a stay-at-home advisory within the Columbus space, and the declaration that Franklin County has gone purple — reflecting “severe” publicity and unfold of the virus.
This can be a second for each Buckeye to assist flip the tide. To that finish, the college is implementing these extra motion steps:
- Instruction: Efficient Friday, November 20 at 6 p.m., in-person courses will likely be moved to on-line or different types of distant instruction. Exceptions the place in-person instruction is permitted embody scientific packages carried out beneath authorized security protocols in addition to laboratory, studio and efficiency courses. College students ought to verify with their instructors about different plans for in-person programs, and professors who want help with completely different supply modes ought to contact their tutorial division. Any scientific packages that change instructing modality ought to inform the Workplace of Tutorial Affairs.
- Work: Any worker who can telework ought to accomplish that beginning instantly, after coordinating together with your supervisor. It will improve security measures for many who have to be on our campuses. The Workplace of Human Assets web site has data obtainable about telework choices in addition to go away packages for school and workers through the COVID-19 state of emergency.
- Curfew: In line with the statewide curfew issued by the governor, all college students, school and workers needs to be of their houses between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. until they’ve important work or different tasks allowed. Campus services, together with eating halls, leisure services and the Ohio Union, will shut by 9:30 p.m. or earlier; please verify web sites for up to date hours earlier than visiting. College Libraries will provide contactless providers after right now, so buildings will likely be closed to the general public.
- Keep at residence: Underneath the general public well being advisory issued by Columbus Public Well being and Franklin County Public Well being, efficient 6 p.m., Friday, November 20, everybody in Franklin County ought to keep at residence aside from collaborating in important actions. Please comply with public well being steering on measurement of gatherings.
Particulars of the college’s response to public well being orders and advisories are listed on the Protected and Wholesome Buckeyes web site.
These steps are on prime of the fundamentals: Bear in mind to put on a masks, wash your fingers and keep at the least 6 toes other than others.
Lastly, let’s all keep in mind to maintain each other. We should comply with the COVID-19 security necessities however we additionally have to are inclined to all different features of wellness, together with our emotional and psychological well being. Please use the wellness assets obtainable for the Ohio State neighborhood.
Thanks for taking good care of your self, your loved ones, buddies and fellow Buckeyes.
Kristina M. Johnson, PhD
• Protected and Wholesome Buckeyes data and steering
• Testing assets for college students
• Assets for school
• Assets for COVID-19 analysis
• Assets for college students
• Assets for employees
• Protected and Wholesome Buckeyes – psychological well being and wellness
• College and workers can use the Human Assets Maintain Effectively web site, the Chief Wellness Officer Well being and Wellness web page and Your Plan For Well being.
• College students can use the Counseling and Session Service (CCS) and the Buckeye Peer Entry Line (PAL), which operates Monday by way of Friday from eight p.m. to midnight.
• CCS additionally supplies steering for methods for school and workers to help college students.• The Ohio State: Wellness app is designed for college students however presents suggestions and steering helpful for all members of our neighborhood. It’s obtainable for Android and iOS gadgets.
ppLoadLater.placeholderFBSDK = ppLoadLater.placeholderFBSDK.be part of("n");