After greater than every week of accelerating COVID-19 circumstances within the area, the County Well being and Human Providers Company is reporting one other record-high variety of novel coronavirus infections right now. The County confirmed 1,091 new circumstances, surpassing the earlier report of 1,087 circumstances reported final Saturday.
County well being officers are attributing the sharp improve in circumstances to a normal fatigue of the pandemic and are urging San Diegans to keep away from gatherings and take COVID-19 significantly.
“The virus is widespread and every element of our community is impacted,” mentioned Wilma J. Wooten, M.D., M.P.H., County public well being officer. “Now more than ever it is vital that San Diegans avoid gatherings and crowds, wear a face covering when they are out in public and stay home if they are sick.”
Restricted Keep at Home Order
San Diego County on Friday up to date its public well being order to observe the state’s new Restricted Keep at Home Order which matches into impact Saturday, Nov. 21. Beneath the brand new orders:
- Gatherings with folks outdoors your family should not allowed between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Eating places, bars, wineries, distilleries and breweries should near sit-down prospects from 10 p.m. to five:00 a.m. Companies can provide take-out, drive-thru and supply at any time.
The measures are supposed to assist reverse the current speedy improve of COVID-19 exercise within the area and might be in impact for 30 days.
The County has issued COVID-19 steering for Thanksgiving and different upcoming holidays.
Anybody internet hosting a gathering ought to hold it small, quick and protected.
Small means gatherings needs to be restricted to a most of three secure households. Quick means the gathering ought to final two hours or much less. Protected implies that folks ought to keep open air as a lot as attainable and put on a face protecting when they aren’t consuming or consuming.
Different suggestions embody:
- Distant occasions with household and pals, corresponding to a digital dinner, sharing recipes, a digital turkey trot or on-line sport
- Televised or stay streaming occasions at dwelling with members of your individual family
- Outside orchards, meals markets, and seasonal craft gala’s the place state steering is adopted
- Beneath the state’s system for figuring out COVID-19 danger, San Diego County is the Purple Tier, or Tier 1. The state makes use of the extra restrictive measure – case fee or testing positivity – to assign tiers.
- The County’s state-calculated, adjusted case fee is at the moment 10.7 circumstances per 100,000 residents, inserting it in that metric’s Purple Tier.
- The testing positivity proportion is 4.3%, inserting it in that metric’s Tier Three or the Orange Tier.
- The County’s well being fairness metric, which seems to be on the testing positivity for areas with the bottom wholesome situations, is 7.2% and it’s within the Crimson Tier or Tier 2. This metric doesn’t transfer counties to extra restrictive tiers however is required to advance to much less restrictive tiers.
- The California Division of Public Well being introduced that tier assignments, usually given every Tuesday, may now happen any day of the week and may happen greater than as soon as every week.
Group Setting Outbreaks:
- Eleven new group outbreaks had been confirmed on Nov. 19: three in enterprise settings, three in faith-based company settings, two in daycare/preschool/childcare settings, one in a TK-12 college setting, one in a restaurant/bar setting and one in a health/fitness center setting.
- Prior to now seven days (Nov. 13 by Nov. 19), 43 group outbreaks had been confirmed.
- The variety of group outbreaks stays above the set off of seven or extra in seven days.
- A group setting outbreak is outlined as three or extra COVID-19 circumstances in a setting and in folks of various households over the previous 14 days.
- 34,021 exams had been reported to the County on Nov. 19, and the proportion of recent laboratory-confirmed circumstances was 3%.
- The 14-day rolling common proportion of optimistic circumstances is 4.7%. Target is lower than 8.0%.
- The 7-day, day by day common of exams is 17,685.
- Folks with and with out signs who’re at increased danger for COVID-19 needs to be examined. Healthcare and important staff must also get a take a look at, in addition to individuals who had shut contact to a optimistic case or stay in communities which are being extremely impacted.
- 1,091 new circumstances had been confirmed amongst San Diego County residents on Nov. 19. The area’s whole is now 69,231.
- 4,329 or 6.3% of all circumstances have required hospitalization.
- 981 or 1.4% of all circumstances and 22.7% of hospitalized circumstances needed to be admitted to an intensive care unit.
- The County’s COVID-19 case fee map reveals how native cities and communities are being severely impacted by the virus.
- Eight new deaths had been reported within the County on Nov. 19. The area’s whole is now 960.
- 4 ladies and 4 males died between Nov. 1 and Nov. 19. Their ages ranged from early 50s to early 90s.
- All had underlying medical situations.
The extra detailed information summaries discovered on the County’s coronavirus-sd.com web site are up to date round 5 p.m. day by day.