HAWAI‘I COVID-19 JOINT INFORMATION CENTER DAILY NEWS DIGEST Dec. 4, 2020
Division of Well being:
Ten Deaths Reported At present Occurred Extra Than Two-Weeks In the past
Seven (7) deaths at a Hawai‘i island long-term care facility, which skilled a COVID-19 outbreak in October, have now been categorized by DOH as coronavirus associated, because of up to date data. The deaths embrace three (3) girls and 4 (4) males, all who had underlying well being circumstances and ranged in age from 6Zero to 80+ years outdated.
Three (3) further deaths had been reported from O‘ahu at present, additionally occurring greater than two-weeks in the past. All had been males, ranging in age from 30 to 80+ years outdated. All had underlying well being circumstances and two of the lads had been within the hospital.
This report contains instances up till Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. Full knowledge is posted on the State COVID-19 dashboard and on the DOH Illness Outbreak & Management web site at midday every day. hawaiicovid19.com/dashboard
Hawai‘i COVID-19 Counts as of 11:59 p.m. Dec. 2, 2020
|Island of Prognosis||New Circumstances||Reported since
(together with new instances)
|HI residents recognized exterior of HI||4||232|
Hospitalizations as of 8:30 a.m. on Dec. 1, 2020 – Hawai‘i-2, Maui-2, O‘ahu-52, Kauai-1
++On account of up to date data, one(1) case on Maui and one (1) case on Hawai‘i had been dropped from the counts.
Up to date Quarantine Steerage Primarily based on Evaluation of New CDC Suggestions
DOH introduced, efficient at present, it’s lowering the required quarantine for individuals who have been uncovered to COVID-19 from 14 days to 10 days. That is to enhance compliance with out considerably growing the danger of transmission locally.
The up to date suggestions had been issued by the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) earlier this week. The earlier 14-day quarantine interval was based mostly on the complete incubation interval of the virus. The utmost COVID-19 incubation interval was imposed to scale back the danger of transmission. Nevertheless, the 14-day interval created bodily and psychological well being challenges in addition to financial hardship for these unable to return to work.
“We are following the CDC’s guidance for a shorter quarantine to address the mental and emotional health issues caused by isolation and to improve compliance,” mentioned Dr. Elizabeth Char, DOH director. “Nevertheless, it’s necessary to level out, that we’ll proceed to intently monitor the evolving science for data that will warrant a reconsideration of those
really useful choices.”
Stipulations for Up to date 10-day Quarantine Steerage
- Not relevant to individuals in congregate settings resembling long-term care amenities, group care properties, assisted dwelling amenities, correctional amenities, shelters, residential rehabilitation and remedy settings, or army recruit housing
- Anybody in quarantine can’t have any scientific proof of COVID-19 signs as much as the time quarantine is discontinued
- Day by day symptom self-monitoring should proceed for 14 days. Anybody who develops signs inside this time interval ought to search testing and self-isolate whereas awaiting outcomes
- Shut contacts of these uncovered to COVID-19 should adhere to all really useful mitigation methods together with; appropriate and constant masks use, bodily distancing, hand and cough hygiene, avoiding crowds, environmental cleansing and disinfection, and satisfactory indoor air flow
The brand new quarantine steering doesn’t modify any journey quarantine supplied for within the governor’s proclamations associated to the COVID-19 emergency.
Learn the complete information launch right here:
Division of Enterprise, Financial Improvement & Tourism:
Enchancment Rising in Hawaii’s Economic system
DBEDT now initiatives that Hawai‘i’s financial development will fall by 11.2 p.c in 2020, lower than the 12.Three p.c beforehand forecast.
Choose Latest Financial Enhancements in DBEDT Fourth Quarter Report
- Customer arrivals recovered by 23 p.c in November 2020 compared to the extent, in the identical month, in 2019. The preliminary customer depend for November was 6,100 a day, which is an enchancment from 630 a day for the primary half of October and from 4,000 a day for the second half of October.
- Hawai‘i chapter filings fell by 9.Four p.c in the course of the first eleven months of 2020 in contrast with the identical interval in 2019.
- Private earnings rose 15.9 p.c in the course of the second quarter of 2020 in contrast with the identical quarter a yr in the past.
- Preliminary unemployment claims have been steady at under 5,000 stage since October 17. For the latest week (week ending November 28), preliminary unemployment claims had been 6.7 p.c of the height stage, which occurred within the week ending April 4, 2020 with 53,112 unemployment filings.
- In December 2020, 935 extra flights are scheduled from the U.S. mainland and 84 extra flights are scheduled from worldwide locations than in November 2020. Of the worldwide flights in December, 42 will probably be coming from Canada, which is the primary time that Hawai‘i has had Canadian inbound flights since April 2020.
- Hawai‘i’s unemployment fee continued to say no from 23.Four p.c in May 2020 to 14.2 p.c in October 2020.
The enhancements cited above, and others famous within the report, are primarily attributed to federal authorities help packages and the beginning of the pre-travel testing program for trans-Pacific passengers. As of the top of November, federal funds allotted to Hawai‘i totaled $10.Three billion, of which 80.Three p.c has been spent.
“We’re completely happy to see the enhancements within the economies of the U.S. and Hawai‘i. It’s nice to see the airways including flights to our state, particularly these from Canada and Japan. With the anticipated distribution and use of the COVID-19 vaccine in December, I consider our tourism restoration will probably be accelerating in 2021,” mentioned DBEDT Director Mike McCartney. “Over the last three quarters of 2020 we confronted unprecedented challenges whereas slowly restarting our economic system and can proceed to face tougher occasions in the course of the first half of 2021. Nonetheless, I’m optimistic that we’ll see accelerated financial development in the course of the second half of 2021 resulting from elevated customer arrivals due to our Protected Travels program and the distribution of a COVID-19 vaccine.” The total report is obtainable at: dbedt.hawaii.gov/financial/qser/.
Division of Public Security:
Mass Inmate Testing Continues
Surge testing at Waiawa Correctional Facility (WCF) is ongoing. There was one (1) constructive inmate end result acquired. An extra 47 WCF inmates have recovered, growing the entire recoveries to 110 and bringing the lively constructive inmate instances right down to 88. Moreover, one (1) Halawa Correctional Facility worker reported a constructive take a look at end result. The worker final labored on Dec. 1, 2020. PSD is working with DOH on contact tracing. For extra data on PSD’s planning and response efforts to COVID-19:
Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority:
8,908 Passengers Arrive on Thursday
Yesterday, a complete of 8,908 individuals arrived in Hawai‘i from out of state. A complete of 4,203 individuals indicated they got here to Hawai‘i for trip. There have been additionally 1,408 returning residents. The trans-pacific passenger arrival knowledge is derived from knowledge supplied by the Protected Travels digital system.
To view extra: https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/covid-19-updates/trans-pacific-passenger-arrivals/
Home Of Representatives:
Choose Committee on COVID-19 Financial and Monetary Preparedness Briefing
An informational briefing will probably be held subsequent Monday at 10 a.m., and can embrace updates from Metropolis and County of Honolulu Mayor-Elect Rick Blangiardi and Hawaiʻi County Mayor-Elect Mitch Roth. Lawmakers will even hear experiences from the next subcommittees:
- Hawaiʻi’sEconomic system, Carl Bonham, Govt Director of the College of Hawaiʻi Financial Analysis Group (UHERO)
- Technique and Communications,Ray Vara, President and Chief Govt Officer of Hawai‘i Pacific Well being
- CARES Funds, Lauren Nahme, VicePresident of Technique and Transformation at Kamehameha Faculties and Jill Tokuda, Hawai‘i Knowledge Collaborative.
- Housing and Homelessness, Gavin Thornton, Govt Director of Hawai‘i Appleseed Heart for Regulation and Financial Justice.
To adjust to restrictions to forestall the unfold of the coronavirus, the briefing will probably be held remotely, broadcast on ‘Olelo channel 49, and livestreamed at: https://olelo.org/
Trusted Testing and Journey Companions:
The state of Hawai‘i solely accepts Nucleic Acid Amplification Take a look at (NAAT) from an authorized Scientific Laboratory Enchancment Modification (CLIA) lab take a look at outcomes from Trusted Testing and Journey Companions. For the complete checklist of home trans-Pacific, inter-county, worldwide and airline companions or data on how you can turn into a Trusted Testing Accomplice, go to:
Protected Travels Hawai‘i Program:
Program overview: https://hawaiicovid19.com/journey/
E-mail: [email protected]
Name Heart Quantity: 1-800-GO-HAWAII
COVID-19 Expanded Dashboard (Tables, Charts, and Visualizations):
Protected Travels Digital Platform:
Trans-Pacific Passenger Arrivals Statistics:
Relaxation, Take a look at, Get pleasure from! Voluntary customer post-travel take a look at: https://www.kauai.gov/visitorposttest
Resident post-travel take a look at: https://www.kauai.gov/residentposttest
Maui County journey and COVID-19 data:
To report violators: (808) 244-6400 or [email protected]
Hawai‘i County COVID-19 webpage:
Important infrastructure and medical journey request: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/e2f4ce19aa854964a8fd60bec7fbe78c
To report violators: 808-935-3311
Metropolis & County of Honolulu:
Honolulu COVID-19 webpage: oneoahu.org
Interisland passengers arriving on O‘ahu will not be topic to the obligatory quarantine.
To report violators: 808-723-3900 or [email protected]
Hawai‘i COVID-19 Joint Info Heart