JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Beginning on Saturday, Duval County seniors and disabled residents can apply for a $300 stimulus cost from the town of Jacksonville.
This spherical of help is a part of the town’s Senior and Disabled Monetary Help Program, which is able to award monetary $300 funds to three,000 certified residents who’re 72 years outdated and up or obtain Social Safety incapacity advantages.
Purposes, which will likely be accepted on a first-come, first-served foundation, might be filed by telephone or through a web based portal. Although the applying interval opens at eight a.m. Saturday, there are some steps you may take to get a head begin.
And also you’ll desire a head begin as a result of, as News4Jax beforehand reported, all 3,300 spots have been stuffed inside an hour of the applying window opening for the primary spherical of stimulus funds.
However first, it’s worth noting who’s eligible for help by this program. As a way to qualify for a stimulus cost, candidates should meet the next necessities:
- Candidates should reside in Duval County;
- Candidates should certify that they didn’t obtain funds from the Metropolis’s VyStar Small Enterprise Help Program; Worker Retention loan Program; Mortgage, Lease and Utilities Reduction Program; or the primary spherical of the Senior and Disabled Monetary Help Program;
- Candidates should both be no less than 72 years outdated or obtain Social Safety incapacity advantages;
- Candidates will need to have skilled both a discount in revenue or a rise in bills because of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Candidates’ adjusted gross revenue didn’t exceed $30,000 in 2019;
- Candidates may solely obtain one card per family;
- Candidates should present their birthdate and the final 4 digits of their Social Safety quantity;
Now that we’ve gotten the necessities out of the best way, let’s get to how one can apply. Residents can name 904-255-8888 for help with their utility over the telephone beginning at eight a.m. Saturday.
However for those who’re making use of on-line, you may put together by visiting the town’s utility portal at myjax.custhelp.com. As soon as there, search for the hyperlink to the Senior and Disabled Monetary Help Program. That’s the place you’ll need to go as soon as the applying window opens.
Within the meantime, you must go forward and create your MyJax account proper now. Simply scroll right down to the underside of this system’s web page and also you’ll see the button to create an account. You’ll need to fill out a number of fields — identify, tackle, telephone quantity, to call a couple of — so have that info useful.
After purposes are reviewed, cost playing cards will likely be mailed on to recipients’ houses. Recipients will then have to name the customer support quantity on the cardboard to activate it. Cost playing cards have to be used like a bank card, so getting cash again isn’t an possibility.
Copyright 2020 by WJXT News4Jax – All rights reserved.