Are you questioning if the IHG Rewards Membership is the proper match for you? In any case, you’re most likely already incomes factors with journey bank cards if a lodge membership is in your thoughts. With 1000’s of properties all over the world, IHG most likely has a location you’ve stayed at already. Vacation Inn, The InterContinental and the Crowne Plaza are all a part of IHG’s household.
So in the event you’re touring with any of IHG’s manufacturers, the rewards program is worth contemplating. It’s free to affix and provides totally different perks relying on what number of factors you earn over the course of a 12 months. However what are these IHG Rewards factors really worth?
How a lot are IHG factors worth?
The precise greenback value of IHG Rewards factors will fluctuate, however they’re sometimes valued at $0.05 per level.
This estimate by The Factors Man considers a number of essential components, together with:
- The value of redeeming the factors: How a lot would you usually spend on an equal keep in the event you had been paying out of pocket?
- How a lot it prices to purchase factors: You should buy IHG factors at a reduced price in the event you don’t have sufficient earned factors to cowl a rewards night time.
- Availability: Except you attain elite standing, there may be blackout date restrictions.
- Cancellation/change charges and insurance policies.
IHG Rewards Membership members earn 10 factors for each greenback spent at its motels and resorts, apart from its extended-stay manufacturers, which earn 5 factors per greenback. IHG Rewards Membership factors values may fluctuate relying on the situation and date of your keep, in addition to the kind of property you keep at.
However what number of factors do you get per night time at IHG? The factors you get per night time if you keep at an IHG lodge depend upon how a lot you spend on that room, and when you’ve got any bonus advantages from the next member standing.
How do I redeem IHG Rewards factors?
IHG reward factors can be utilized for companion offers, though one of the best ways to redeem them is for lodge stays.
So what number of IHG factors do you want for a free night time? Level values will fluctuate based mostly on a number of components, like room availability and chosen dates, on high of the property kind. A single rewards night time begins as little as 10,000 factors.
The extra factors you earn, the extra advantages you will get with an IHG Rewards card. There are three standing ranges you possibly can attain:
- Gold Elite: You possibly can unlock this degree by incomes 10,000 IHG Rewards factors. That’s the equal of spending $1,000 at an IHG model lodge or resort. Perks embody late checkout, free Web together with your keep and bonus factors incomes of 10 %.
- Platinum Elite: You possibly can unlock Platinum Elite standing by incomes 40,000 rewards factors. You may as well acquire computerized Platinum Elite standing as an IHG Premier bank card holder. Platinum standing comes with unique price reductions on IHG stays, free room upgrades when obtainable and a devoted customer support line. Plus, you possibly can earn factors in the direction of your subsequent standing degree even when redeeming rewards nights.
- Spire Elite: Spire Elite standing is granted after incomes 75,000 rewards factors or spending $7,500 at IHG motels and resorts. Spire provides probably the most bonus factors with 100 % further earnings—which means you’ll double your factors on all purchases. Plus, you’re assured room availability with enough discover.
Should you’re already staying at IHG motels and need to attain these reward ranges quicker, combining your rewards membership membership with a lodge bank card can provide you a lift. The IHG Premier and Traveler bank cards each earn extra factors per greenback spent at IHG manufacturers and may stack factors in the direction of standing ranges.
What are the restrictions?
Some may marvel: Do IHG Rewards expire? The reply relies on how usually you earn and use factors. So long as you might have some account exercise inside a 12-month interval, your factors are good. Nonetheless, factors will expire after long-term inactivity.
How do IHG factors examine to different lodge rewards packages?
The value of IHG Rewards factors is somewhat bit decrease than different comparable lodge rewards packages. Utilizing the identical calculation strategies, each the Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy rewards packages supply the next valuation at $0.06 and $0.08, respectively, in accordance with The Factors Man. Your choices for redemption shall be about equal, although—Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy each have between 5,000 and 6,000 properties to select from for redemption and supply the same vary of lodge types throughout their companion manufacturers.
Are IHG factors worth the membership?
The IHG Rewards program is free, and in the event you’re already a fan of the various worldwide manufacturers, there’s no hurt in becoming a member of the membership program. Plus, in the event you already carry one in all IHG’s Rewards bank cards, just like the IHG Rewards Membership Premier Credit score Card or the IHG Rewards Membership Traveler Credit score Card by Chase, you possibly can earn much more factors.
The underside line
Should you keep at IHG motels greater than every year, it’s worth becoming a member of this free program. Nonetheless, probably the most value from this membership comes as soon as you possibly can earn bonus factors at increased member standing ranges. IHG Rewards bank card holders can stack factors and attain these ranges even quicker.
Details about the IHG Rewards Membership Traveler Credit score Card and IHG Rewards Membership Premier Credit score Card has been collected independently by Fintech Zoom.com. The issuer didn’t present the content material, neither is it liable for its accuracy.