Launching on August 18th, the all-new Samsung Pay Card makes spending easy, secure and rather more rewarding
LONDON, UK – 18th August – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd has as we speak introduced that the brand new Samsung Pay Card, powered by Curve, and along with world funds know-how firm Mastercard, shall be accessible from August 18th. With ONE easy to make use of digital-first card, Samsung Pay Card offers customers full management over their spending, with out the fuss of getting to vary banks.
This isn’t one other bank card. From debit playing cards to bank cards, the all-new Samsung Pay Card collates every part in a single place, providing Samsung Pay customers better protection than ever earlier than. By utilising Curve’s distinctive know-how, alongside Mastercard’s worldwide acceptance footprint, Samsung Pay customers take pleasure in a greater banking expertise by means of their Samsung smartphone and smartwatch, while gaining the rewards they need alongside the best way.
- ONE digital-first card: Samsung Pay Card deploys Curve know-how to carry collectively all Mastercard and Visa banking playing cards in a single place, modernising the banking expertise with out the fuss of fixing banks.
- It’s not too late: With the distinctive ‘Go Back in Time’ performance, clients can transfer transactions from one card to a different after they’ve been made, giving clients extra flexibility and management of their spending.
- Receives a commission to spend and expertise unique rewards: Clients can declare instantaneous 1% cashback on high of their current rewards from a selection of a variety of manufacturers. As an added bonus, and unique to the Samsung Pay Card, clients may earn 5% on all purchases at Samsung.com.
- Save on charges when spending overseas: Samsung Pay Card permits all clients entry to the mid-market charge all through the week, cheaper than the forex conversion charges supplied by many excessive road banks.
- Vault-like safety: Samsung Knox allows clients to take pleasure in their cellular expertise with confidence. With proactive, always-on safety straight out of the field, Samsung’s multi-layered defence-grade safety provides safety to clients’ funds. Within the occasion of a smartphone loss, entry to Samsung Pay Card might be immediately locked remotely utilizing one other gadget from the Samsung ecosystem, with out having to contact banks immediately – and ‘Find My Mobile’ helps you discover it.
- See the complete image: For a crystal-clear understanding of funds, clients can see transactions throughout totally different playing cards through the Timeline View within the Curve app, or current transactions in Samsung Pay, with real-time notifications.
- Samsung Pay, refreshed: Utilising Curve’s distinctive platform, the Samsung Pay Card covers all main credit score and debit playing cards from Mastercard and Visa within the UK, which means nearly everybody can now use Samsung Pay. Mixed with the utilization of AMEX and loyalty playing cards already accessible through Samsung Pay, this offers clients the last word one-stop-shop (or app), which means they don’t should compromise on any of their loyalty, reward or banking wants.
“Now, greater than ever, folks want a safe cost resolution they will depend on. We’re excited to have the ability to put the management again into our clients’ fingers, by launching Samsung Pay Card,” mentioned Conor Pierce, Company Vice-President of Samsung UK & Eire.
“At Samsung we imagine within the energy of innovation and, by means of our partnership with Curve, the Samsung Pay Card brings a sequence of pioneering options that may change the best way that our clients handle their spending, with their Samsung smartphone and smartwatch on the coronary heart of it. That is the way forward for banking and we look ahead to persevering with this journey with our clients.”
Shachar Bialick, CEO and Founding father of Curve mentioned: “The Samsung Pay Card, powered by Curve, adjustments the sport for patrons within the UK. By bringing Curve’s distinctive know-how to Samsung units it empowers tens of millions of Samsung clients to take management of their cash, entry extra selection, and luxuriate in a banking expertise like by no means earlier than, throughout all their accounts, with out the necessity to swap banks or restrict themselves to just one bank, all from the palm of their hand.”
He added: “Curve is already making large waves within the fintech trade and we’re delighted to associate with such an revolutionary firm and convey our highly effective digital banking platform to tens of millions of Samsung clients, bettering their monetary expertise.”
Kelly Devine, President, Mastercard UK & Eire mentioned: “We are thrilled to build on our existing relationships with Samsung and Curve to partner to bring this innovative digital-first solution to market, offering consumers convenience, flexibility and choice over how to pay, all underpinned by the trusted safety and security they expect from Mastercard.”
Samsung Pay Card is offered to Samsung Pay app customers from August 18th. For extra info, please go to: https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/#SamsungPayCard.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung conjures up the world and shapes the long run with transformative concepts and applied sciences. The corporate is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable units, tablets, digital home equipment, community programs, and reminiscence, system LSI, foundry and LED options.
For the newest information, please go to the Samsung Newsroom: https://information.samsung.com/uk/
About Samsung Pay Card
The Samsung Pay Card and E-money is issued by Curve OS Restricted (firm No. 09523903) authorised within the UK by the Monetary Conduct Authority to challenge digital cash (agency reference quantity 900926). Curve is licensed by MasterCard® to challenge the Samsung Pay Card. Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard Worldwide Inc.
Curve is an over-the-top banking platform, consolidating a number of playing cards and accounts into one sensible card and even smarter app. It permits clients to supercharge their legacy banks to the 21st century with out leaving their bank or topping-up. Curve provides a number of advantages to its clients; you get instantaneous notifications and categorisation of spend, you may earn instantaneous 1% cashback on the likes of Amazon, Uber, Netflix and Sainsbury’s and Time Journey allows clients to swap spend to a unique card within the app for as much as two weeks after the acquisition was made.
About Mastercard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com Mastercard is a world know-how firm within the funds trade. Its mission is to attach and energy an inclusive, digital financial system that advantages everybody, in every single place by making transactions secure, easy, sensible and accessible. Utilizing safe information and networks, partnerships and keenness, its improvements and options assist people, monetary establishments, governments and companies notice their biggest potential. Its decency quotient, or DQ, drives its tradition and every part it does inside and outdoors its firm. With connections throughout greater than 210 international locations and territories, Mastercard is constructing a sustainable world that unlocks priceless potentialities for all
 Present Curve clients can not apply for a Samsung Pay Card
 Legitimate on Mastercard and Visa branded debit and bank cards solely.
 Mixture of Samsung Pay and the brand new Samsung Pay Card provides customers better protection, appropriate with practically all banks and cost options accessible within the UK. Full record of Samsung Pay appropriate playing cards might be discovered on https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/faq/
 All Samsung smartphone and smartwatch units that help Samsung Pay may also help Samsung Pay Card. Full record of appropriate units might be discovered on https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/faq/
 Transfer £1,000 as much as 14 days after transaction. Limits may fluctuate relying on particular person Curve accounts.
 Select 1% cashback from three retailers chosen from a variety of manufacturers. Introductory supply for 90 days.
 5% cashback on all purchases made utilizing Samsung Pay Card on Samsung.com till 31.12.20. Provide can be utilized with every other Samsung.com supply.
 Curve offers low cost FX charges. Weekend exchange charge (0.5% for GBP, EUR and USD and 1.5% for different currencies)
SPC FX restrict is £500 for a rolling 30 day interval, over which spend in a overseas forex will value 2% of transaction value
Samsung Pay platform reveals not too long ago 10 transactions utilizing Samsung Pay Card, full transactions from date of use might be seen in supporting Curve app
 Actual-time notifications depending on consumer’s cellular community and Wi-Fi community on the time of transaction
 Full record of Samsung Pay issuing companions might be discovered on https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/faq/