CVS – Armed Robbery At Twin River + Woonsocket PPP Loans List
Happy Thursday, people of Woonsocket! Here’s everything worth knowing in Woonsocket today.
First, today’s weather: Partly cloudy throughout the day. High: 82, low: 61.
Here are the top stories in and around Woonsocket today:
1. Lincoln police are investigating an armed robbery in the parking lot of the Twin River Casino. Two men told police they were robbed at gunpoint early Wednesday. The suspects remain at large. (Patch)
2. Which Woonsocket businesses received PPP loans? Here’s the list. (Patch)
3. Central Falls native Viola Davis is working on her memoir. The celebrated Hollywood actress and producer promises a “straight no chaser” telling of her journey as a Black woman from family poverty to success. HarperCollins plans to release the book in April. (Patch)
4. An Attleboro man with dementia was rescued from neck-deep water in the Ten Mile River after his canoe overturned. (The Sun Chronicle)
5. The Woonsocket-based CVS Health Corporation will hold its 2nd quarter earnings call on August 4, and all interested parties may tune in to the webcast.
Today’s Woonsocket Daily is brought to you by our friends at FTD, the most trusted name in flowers. FTD’s network includes over 8,800 local florists in communities around the country. Send flowers to someone you care about today and get a 15 percent discount on your order. Click here to make someone feel awesome.
July 22 Events
• It’s Food Truck Concert Night at the Diamond Hill Ski Lodge in Cumberland. 5-8 p.m.
Woonsocket Patch Notebook
- Woonsocket Parks & Recreation: “Always a nice event… check it out!” (Facebook)
- RI Hospitality Association: “Hotels are hiring!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Part Time and Full Time Cleaning Positions Available (Details)
That’s it for today! See you all tomorrow morning for your next update. If you’re enjoying these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.