Friday, July 24, 2020 / 1:00 PM / Bukola Akinyele for WebTV / Header Picture Credit score: WebTVNG
Investments in Monetary Know-how, Infrastructure and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises are methods Islamic Commerce Finance, can assist Nigeria’s economic system and raise hundreds of thousands from poverty.
Mr. Abdulkader Thomas President & CEO of Form Data Monetary Providers (SKFS), Kuwait disclosed this in an interview on WebTV’s programme “Islamic Finance Weekly” that mentioned “Islamic Commerce Finance, Challenges and Alternatives in Nigeria and Africa”.
In accordance with Thomas, rather a lot could be finished by means of fintech, to supply funding to MSMEs within the nation, which may translate to financial actions that result in gainful employment of youths within the nation.
Giving perception into Islamic Commerce Finance, Thomas famous that it was a special type of intermediation of non-interest banks, and represented commerce finance that was Shariah-compliant and Moral.
Talking on the function of the Worldwide Islamic Commerce and Finance Company (ITFC) in deepening the non-interest finance market in Nigeria and Africa, Thomas stated ITFC supplies credit score to companies within the Group of Islamic International locations (OIC) supporting their progress and international competitiveness.
Secondly, the ITFC from his perspective creates credit score strains for banks and organizations inside the OIC member nations zone to entry and profit from.
On the influence of the COVID-19 pandemic, he stated the ITFC has been supporting OIC members particularly these within the power zone, which can be grappling with the extra impact of crude oil price shocks together with Nigeria.
Responding to how the Islamic Commerce Finance Framework can serving to to develop Intra-African commerce, the Kuwaiti-based finance analyst stated there is no such thing as a doubt, that the United State and China at the moment are in a chilly battle which has danger implications for the globe.
He stated the worldwide provide chain is already witnessing disruptions and there’s a want for structured commerce financing automobiles just like the Islamic commerce finance, to deal with the challenges of the ecosystem and provide chains.
In respect of challenges and alternatives for integrating Islamic commerce finance to assist African companies and SMEs, the CEO of SKFS stated, the primary and most necessary drawback is the market notion. He noticed that it was necessary to know the transactions in Islamic finance which was documented and entailed risk-sharing.
He stated the priorities of Islamic Commerce Finance are sometimes to supply credit score dangers for off-takers in sectors like Agribusiness.
The Islamic Finance skilled cited the “Musharaka” which is additionally a revenue and loss sharing partnership, however one the place funding comes from all of the companions who’re given the choice of collaborating within the administration of the enterprise, and all companions share in losses in keeping with the ratio of their contributions.
Musharaka is likely one of the devices deployed in Islamic commerce finance throughout the globe.
When it comes to leveraging digital Platforms to advertise commerce and investments amongst OIC member nations, he stated, Intra-OIC commerce continues to learn from Islamic commerce finance with added alternatives and prospects by deepening the shariah-compliant commerce by means of monetary know-how.
1. Abdulkader Thomas To Communicate on Islamic Commerce Finance: Challenges and Alternatives in Nigeria
2. The UK Is Main Centre For Islamic Finance With Managed Property Value $5bn – Gori Olusina Daniel
3. Gori Olusina To Communicate on Islamic Finance, Public Non-public Partnership and Infrastructure Investments
4. Joint GDP of ISDB Member International locations At present About $7trillion – Dr. Bandar Hajjar
5. Islamic Improvement Bank Deploys Sukuk to Counter Corona Influence
6. Human Capital Improvement Central To Islamic Finance – Olanrewaju Sharafa
7. Olanrewaju Sharafa To Communicate on Islamic Accounting, Finance and Schooling : A World Perspective
8. How Africa Islamic Financial Basis Is Supporting Improvement Within the Area
9. 7 Methods Non-Curiosity Finance Can Help Nigeria’s Financial Sustainability – Dr. Basheer Oshodi
10. Dr. Basheer Oshodi To Communicate on Prospects for Nigerian Non-Curiosity Finance Market Tomorrow on WebTV
11. Traders Scramble for Third Sovereign Sukuk – DMO
12. UNHCR To Develop Zakat Fund To Help IDPs In Nigeria