Can Queta become the second straight Aggie to be drafted, after Sam Merrill was taken with the final selection in the 2020 draft? He’ll get the chance to perform in front of N(BA) personnel this week.
- Dates: Monday, June 21 though Sunday, June 27
- Locations: Wintrust Arena and Marriott Marquis, Chicago
- Details: Queta is one of 69 players invited to this year’s draft combine. During the combine, players will interview with N(BA) teams and play in five-on-five games, as well as participate in drills (shooting, strength and agility).
- How to watch: ESPN2 on Thursday, ESPNU on Friday from 1-5 p.m. MDT, coverage of five-on-five games
Scouting Neemias Queta
- Chad Ford, N(BA) big board: “Queta, who grew up playing basketball in Portugal, is all over the place on N(BA) draft boards, which probably says more about the state of centers in the N(BA) than anything else. With his size and college productivity, he might have been a lottery pick a decade ago. His rebounding, shot-blocking and assist numbers are all really intriguing. He doesn’t have the quickest feet, which could limit his defensive versatility, but there are so many positives that he deserves a look in the late first round.”
- N(BA) Draft Room: “An intriguing long term prospect who has good size and some tools to work with but is kind of heavy footed and doesn’t get off the ground well or display a lot of agility.”
Queta does show up on a handful of recent N(BA) mock drafts, including one where he is a late-first round projection. Note: this all comes before the N(BA) Draft Lottery this Tuesday (6:30 p.m., ESPN).