Cyberpunk 2077 – The Ultimate RED Collection returns for less money
GOG has re-introduced the Ultimate RED Collection with a lower price of $55.99 (~R784.70) which contains six games from CD Projekt Red.
These games are:
• Cyberpunk 2077
• The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
• The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings – Enhanced Edition
• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition
• The Witcher Adventure Game
• Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
CD Projekt Red claims that buying this bundle saves you 66 percent compared to buying the six separately on GOG.
For those outside of the US the obvious question is this: is the bundle cheaper when buying from another storefront that offers localised pricing?
The short answer is no. Below is, at the time of writing, the prices for these games from Steam which does have localised pricing and support for the South African Rand.
• Cyberpunk 2077 | R799
• The Witcher: Enhanced Edition | R109.00
• The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings – Enhanced Edition | R219.00
• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition | R499
• The Witcher Adventure Game | R109
• Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales | R289.99
If you tally those numbers up you get R2 024.99, so it’s clearly cheaper to buy Ultimate RED Collection from GOG.
But that assumes you want all six of these games. Those interested in only one or two titles will find that only buying one or two will save them some money.
On top of that individual games on GOG are on sale right now. Cyberpunk 2077, for example, is 33 percent off as part of the Summer Sale. According to an email from GOG this is the highest discount the game has had on the platform since it was released.
With all of this in mind the last point worth mentioning is that there should be another Steam sale happening on 23rd June, following the Next Fest event which has just started. The combination of localised pricing and sale may make Steam the better op[tion if you’re looking to buy one or multiple games from CD Projekt Red.