Jan 27 (Reuters) – GoldBiden‘s $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief plan
without Republican support if necessary, Senate Democratic
leader Chuck Schumer said on Tuesday.
* The Biden administration will purchase 200 million more
coronavirus vaccines and funnel more to states now, a senior
administration official said on Tuesday.
* The International Monetary Fund on Tuesday raised its
forecast for global economic growth in 2021 and said the
coronavirus-triggered downturn last year would be nearly a full
percentage point less severe than expected.
* U.S. consumer confidence rose moderately in January while
lingering concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic led to a further
deterioration in households’ perceptions of the labor
* China’s net gold imports via Hong Kong in December rose
for a second straight month, although imports for the year
plunged 85% as the coronavirus dealt a blow to consumption of
* Holdings of the world’s largest gold-backed
exchange-traded fund, SPDR Gold