A variety of individuals reported being scammed out of huge quantities of cash over the previous week, in accordance with Riverhead City police.
• A Jamesport resident informed police final Wednesday afternoon that an unknown particular person had opened a fictitious Bank of America account in his identify and charged $9,911 in purchases to it, in accordance with police.
• A Riverhead girl informed police she was scammed out of $505 Monday morning. The case has been turned over to the detective division. Extra data was not accessible.
One other Riverhead resident reported being scammed out of $1,000 in MoneyPak Present playing cards about an hour later, in accordance with police.
• An Aquebogue girl informed police Saturday morning that an unknown particular person eliminated about $700 from her Capital One bank account, in accordance with police.
• An iPhone XR valued at $1,500 was reported stolen from a house on Major Street in Jamesport Friday night time, in accordance with police. Extra data was not accessible.
• Two iPhone XS’s had been stolen by an unknown man Saturday afternoon at I Repair Screens on Route 58, in accordance with police, who mentioned the mixed value of the 2 telephones was $650.
• Christian McShea, 44, tackle unavailable, was charged with fifth-degree legal possession of stolen property final Tuesday night time at police headquarters. Extra data was not accessible.
• William Datkun and John D’Alession had been each charged with grand larceny Friday night time at Residence Depot on Route 58. Extra data was not accessible.
• Gustavo Leon-Galvan, age and tackle unavailable, was charged with driving whereas intoxicated early Saturday morning on Middle Drive South in Riverside. Extra data was not accessible.
• A Flanders man was arrested for DWI after an unknown caller reported an erratic automobile alongside Flanders Street Sunday round 7:30 p.m., in accordance with Southampton City police.
The motive force, Segundo Neira Bernal, 52, was discovered to be intoxicated and charged with driving whereas intoxicated, first-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motorized vehicle and a number of other violations.
Police mentioned his license had been revoked in 2009 for a earlier DWI cost and in 2008 for refusing to undergo a chemical take a look at.
• A 69-year-old Riverside man known as police Saturday afternoon to report that an unknown particular person opened a Verizon account is his identify. Detectives are investigating a $1,458 invoice the person reported to be fraudulent, reviews mentioned.
• Home windows on two autos on Maple Avenue in Flanders had been broken over the weekend.
The harm was found Sunday round midday and repairs had been estimated to price $2,000.
• Police arrested a Medford man on drug prices in Riverside early Sunday.
In keeping with a police report, Peter Desfosses, 50, was seen within the car parking zone of the Finances Host Lodge shortly earlier than 2 a.m. and located to be in possession of crack cocaine, a THC vape pen and cartridge and a number of crack pipes throughout a subsequent search of his automobile.
He was charged with two counts of seventh-degree legal possession of a managed substance and transported to headquarters for processing.
• A Huntington Station man was arrested for DWI in Flanders Saturday.
Alejandro Zavala-Castillo, 52, was stopped close to Lengthy Neck Boulevard on Flanders Street for failing to take care of his lane when an officer seen indicators of intoxication.
The person reportedly informed police he had 4 beers at a mates home in Hampton Bays earlier that night.
He was arrested for driving whereas intoxicated and transported to police headquarters, the place he was held for arraignment, police mentioned.
• Police arrested Keith McClees, 62, of Quogue on a drug cost following a visitors cease in Northampton final Tuesday.
In keeping with police, Mr. McClees was a passenger in a automobile that was stopped for a visitors violation round 5:45 p.m. and located to be in possession of a glass pipe and crack cocaine that was recovered from the entrance aspect door pocket.
He was charged with seventh-degree legal possession of a managed substance and launched on an look ticket, officers mentioned.
The motive force of the automobile, Eddie Buckley, 65, of Riverhead was arrested for driving with a revoked license. He was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motorized vehicle and likewise launched on an look ticket.
• Southampton City police arrested a Riverhead man on drug prices final Wednesday afternoon.
In keeping with police, Cameron Gilbert, 36, was stopped after he was seen promoting marijuana to somebody on Peconic Avenue in Riverside round 4:30 p.m. and located to be in possession of marijuana and crack cocaine for the aim of sale.
He was charged with two counts of seventh-degree legal possession of a managed substance and fifth-degree legal sale of marijuana, that are all misdemeanors.
• Mynor Hernandez Manuel, 22, of Flanders was arrested for driving with out a license following a visitors cease in East Quogue Friday night time.
Police launched Mr. Manuel on an look ticket, reviews mentioned.
Those that are named in police reviews haven’t been convicted of any crime or violation. The fees towards them may later be lowered or withdrawn, or they may be discovered harmless.