Updated : 2020-08-10 08:15:07
The Indian economy is expected to open apartment with a positive bias on Monday subsequent international peers. Only at 7:27 am, the SGX Nifty traded 10 points greater at 11,222, signaling a level start for the Sensex and the Nifty50.
1. Defence stocks: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday declared restrictions on the import of 101 weapons and military platforms including artillery guns, assault rifles and transport aircraft in what could give a major fillip to the domestic defence industry. (Stock Image)
2. Telecom stocks: The Supreme Court is likely to address 2 issues today including a “reasonable” period for staggered payment and bonafides telcos that are under IBC. SC has estimated AGR dues of 40,000 cr for telcos under insolvency. (Image: Reuters)
3. Cipla: The pharma major reported a 26.6 percent year-on-year growth at its Q1FY21 consolidated profit at Rs 566 crore. Net profit was estimated at Rs 338 crore and revenue at Rs 4,184 crore, according to the average of estimates of analysts polled by CNBC-TV18. Revenue from operations grew 9 percent to Rs 4,346.2 crore. (Picture : Reuters)
4. Mahindra & Mahindra: The consolidated net profit in Q1FY21 slipped 97 percent YoY to Rs 68 crore from Rs two,260 crore a year ago. Sales plunged to Rs 5,589 crore, down 56 percent from Rs 12,805 crore a year ago. (Image: Reuters)
5. Titan: The company will remain in focus now as it will announce its June quarter earnings.
6. Bank of all Baroda: The public lender will remain in focus today as it will announce its own June quarter earnings.
7. Emami: The FMCG firm reported a 1.17 percent increase in its merged gain-after-tax (PAT) to Rs 39.58 crore for the first quarter ended June. Earnings from operations during the quarter fell 25.79 percent to Rs 481.34 crore as against Rs 648.64 crore in the corresponding period of the previous fiscal. (Image: Reuters)
8. CONCOR: The combined gain fell 75.97 percentage to Rs 58.26 crore for the quarter since compared to Rs 242.51 crore during the corresponding quarter last year. Total income slipped to Rs 1,251.50 crore from Rs 1,722.79 crore in the year-ago period. (Company Image)
9. IndusInd Bank: The private creditor said it has acquired a 7.82 percent stake in battery maker Eveready Industries by invoking pledged shares following a loan default. (Image: Company)
10. Divi’s Labs: The drug firm’s consolidated net profit rose 81 percent YoY to Rs 492 crore since against Rs 272 crore in the same quarter prior year. Complete income stood at Rs 1,747.80 crore during the quarter as against Rs 1,193.20 crore at April-June 2019-20. (Stock Picture )