The COVID-19 pandemic hit the world like a storm and disrupted many things, among them the economy. Many businesses were forced to shut down and people were requested to stay at home. This move made it necessary for a lot of businesses to shift their focus online.
If you’re now running an online business, Etsygeeks can help you rank your products on the web much faster to increase your traffic and revenue – more on that later.
The main aim of this post is to show you how online businesses have been fairing during the covid pandemic and how you can move your business online to keep it going as we wait for a solution to this global crisis.
As you already know, the pandemic has caused major disruptions which have led to people losing their jobs and some companies closing down.
Luckily, the internet provided many businesses with an opportunity to continue offering their services. For those businesses that were quick to shift and start operating online, they might have saved their companies from collapse.
Research shows that in the near future every business will have a digital footprint. This is mainly because people now prefer buying online than the traditional way of shopping where you had to drive to your favorite local store to make a purchase. Today, you can order anything you want and have it delivered to home.
This is why businesses which don’t have an online presence are losing out. A report by Entrepreneur showed that approximately 40% of small firms do not have a website. What’s more, a survey done by Visual Objects in 2019 showed that 38% of businesses in the United States don’t use Social Media.
These statistics are quite appalling. Technology has taken over the world, yet some businesses still don’t see its value in driving their growth.
In a struggling economy, it is essential to consider all options to keep your business going.
This is where the internet comes into play. When you move your business online, you not only have the chance to attend to your loyal customers, but also reach out to more clients worldwide. The internet doesn’t have any boundaries; you are the one that sets your own limits.
Ignoring social media and eCommerce can make it hard for your business to survive. The surprising fact is that online business has been booming despite the economic slowdown caused by the pandemic. How is that possible you may ask? Well, the answer is quite simple, since people have been told to stay at home; they have resorted to buying products and services online.
Therefore, if you market your company on the web properly you could see a huge impact and overall growth. Approximately 46% of businesses selling products online have reported to have seen a tremendous growth during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a result, more businesses are planning to spend more money on their websites, mobile apps, and social media pages to make them more user-friendly and appealing for customers. As you can see from the information above, the state of online businesses has not been badly affected.
The internet is the future and the sooner you learn a few strategies to acquire customers from the web, the sooner your business will start growing and increase in revenue and popularity.
Importance of Having a Digital Footprint for Your Business
When your business has a digital footprint, it enables you to build a solid fanbase that engages with your content and shares it with others. This eventually helps to promote your brand to people who might be interested in what you’re offering.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect to get when your business is online:
- Brand awareness – One good thing about having a digital footprint is that your business will grow in popularity and this will greatly help to boost your brand. When people know more about your business and like the products or services that you offer, they can refer their friends and family to you and this will put your business out there.
- Increased revenue – When your business grows in popularity, you should be able to get more conversions and increase your revenue.
- Access to global markets – Another advantage of having a digital footprint for your business is that you’ll have the opportunity to access global clients 24/7. You can create online ads and target a specific audience depending on your niche. Web traffic sellers like webtrafficgeeks can offer you targeted web traffic from around the world if you decide to explore the international market.
- Cost-effective – Operating an online business doesn’t cost as much as a brick and mortar company. Since all the operations are handled online such as taking orders, communicating with customers and handling marketing activities, you’ll end up spending less running your business which helps you keep more of your revenue.
- Less waste of paper – When your business goes digital, you won’t have to spend a lot of papers. All the documents and files can be kept online and even customers can fill in their order forms online. Therefore, this helps to avoid any wastage of papers in your business.
- Flexibility – Operating an online business provides you with flexibility, in that, you can run your business from anywhere in the world without being hindered by anything. This is why a lot of online businesses are thriving in the market because they are able to handle customers from all around the world easily without much strain. Therefore, this gives you peace of mind about your business regardless of where you are.
- Improved customer service – When your business is online, it can help you attend to customers faster whenever they have questions or complaints. Therefore, this eventually helps to improve the customer service for your business.
How to Establish an Online Business Presence
Establishing an online business is not as simple as it may seem, but it’s definitely worth it. There are various ways to consider and implement if you want to establish a solid online business presence. Check them out below.
1. Social Media
The first step of having a strong online business presence is to have good social media accounts. Some of the most popular social media channels include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. These social media channels are estimated to have millions of users daily.
Facebook alone is said to have 2.7 billion users per month. Therefore, if you have solid social media pages for your business, you can gain a lot of customers by advertising your products and services.
A lot of people are currently having to spend time indoors due to the Covid-19 and most of them are using social media to keep in touch with friends and the latest on the virus. As a business you should miss the opportunity to reach this large number of potential customers.
2. Responsive Website
If you move your business online, it is quite crucial to consider having a responsive website. Any business can have a website to showcase their products and services, but how responsive is that website? This is something that you need to take seriously to avoid losing out on potential clients.
When customers visit your website and have a hard time trying to load the pages and view everything, they are going to leave faster and not take action. Therefore, that is why your website needs to be responsive on any device. You need to ensure that your site is responsive on Mobile phones, tablets, and PCs.
You should note that a responsive website is not only going to land you more customers, but also improve rankings on search engines, increase your sales, and also provide a user-friendly environment for visitors.
3. Invest in High-Quality Content
Content is king on the web. One of the most effective ways to drive traffic to your website is publishing high-quality content that provides people with relevant information. That means you have to invest in good content so that you can build your online brand, gain a loyal audience so that your business can grow in the long term.
But, you need to keep in mind that content may take time to rank, usually between 1 to 3 months but the long term results are quite lucrative. When we talk of content we are actually talking about Search Engine Optimization for your site which is one of most sought-after strategies for most online businesses. When you do proper SEO for your online business, you are guaranteed to see a huge positive impact.
4. Digital Marketing
Digital marketing involves advertising your products or services on the web or in social media channels. For example, Facebook ads are known to produce excellent results if done right. Also, Google ads have a proven track record of delivering top-notch results for marketers. These are some of the ways you can use to market your brand online and see if you’ll get good results.
As mentioned earlier, Web Traffic Geeks can help you in digital marketing by driving the targeted traffic that you need depending on your niche, so that you can get more clients who want to engage with your content and eventually buy your products.
5. Showcase Your Best-Selling Products
Etsy Geeks that can help you showcase your best-selling products on the web without much strain. If you have best-selling products in your inventory, showcasing them to your customers may help boost sales. The main objective of Etsy Geeks is to help rank your products on the Etsy marketplace and increase their visibility.
The Bottom Line
Although the world has been greatly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, online businesses have seen a significant boost in terms of sales and popularity. However, this doesn’t come easy but only through providing quality products and services in the market.
If you run a business that you’re considering moving online, we highly recommend it because if you do it right, you’re bound to experience a positive shift in terms of growth and sales. Therefore, all you have to do is ensure everything is done right if you want to see a good change in the long run.