Intel – Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies introduces a massive batch of Intel for players to collect, and this is how players can obtain it all.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies’ new Firebase Z map continues telling the game’s bold Dark Aether story, and while dialogue and the main quest tell part of the story, much of the world-building happens through intel. As such, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War players invested in the storyline will surely want to collect all the lore they can.
Unlike with Die Maschine, which saw its intel split between the Pre-Season period and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 1, it seems as if those playing on Firebase Z can collect all the map’s intel now. Split across radios, cyphers, documents, and artifacts, there are many kinds of intel pieces to acquire. As such, having all the locations in one place can be a major help, and players looking for a comprehensive list need look no further.
This batch of intel is centered on the villainous Omega group, with the Russian team of scientists mining Dark Aether and using its resources to create advanced weapons and technology. Much like Group 935’s motive of securing a World War 2 victory for Germany in the original Aether storyline, this new faction’s goal is to help Russia win the Cold War. Responsible for opening the gateway that allowed zombies to enter the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War universe, Omega is an interesting group that Firebase Z provides more backstory on.
The Omega intel locations are as follows:
- Audio Log 1: Shot down from a pipe as soon as players enter Engineering.
- Audio Log 2: Under a table in the Planning Offices.
- Audio Log 3: Under a desk in the Colonel’s Office — directly to the left of Firebase Z’s unlockable safe.
- Audio Log 4: Inside the Weapons Lab where players can build the R.A.I. K-84.
- Audio Log 5: Inside the Field Hospital. Two white, protective suits are sitting behind it.
- Audio Log 6: Above the trenches of the Scorched Defense area, resting on the left side of the elevated platform.
- Audio Log 7: Found in Mission Control. Players will see the audio log on their right as soon as they have climbed the stairs that lead to the area above new Zombies antagonist Peck.
- Audio Log 8: Inside the OPC on a terminal to the left. The main quest Easter egg must be progressed to reach this area.
- Omega Radio Transmissions 1-4: These can be picked up from a table in the Peck’s Quarters Village location once per game, meaning that four total matches will need to be played.
- Omega Documents 1-6: Omega documents will drop randomly from killing Manglers and Mimics. Once again, these must be earned across several games.
- Omega Artifacts: These are obtained through the completion of the main quest Easter egg and by building the free R.A.I. K-84.
Next up, Call of Duty Zombies fans can gather some intel that details “the good guys” of the new storyline. Requiem is led by CIA member Grigori Weaver, with the group made up of military leaders like Major Carver and Scientists like Doctor Strauss and Doctor Grey. The player-controlled Operators in each Zombies map are also canonical members of Requiem, though the intel only focuses on the Zombies-exclusive Requiem members.
The Requiem intel locations are as follows:
- Audio Log 1: Above Revenov in the Atrium, sitting on a bench after players climb the stairs.
- Audio Log 2: Next to a chair shortly after entering Military Command.
- Audio Log 3: On the bottom floor of the Data Center, sitting on a dimly lit table.
- Audio Log 4: After players use the jump pad outside Mission Control to reach Rocky Defense, they can turn around to look up at the Satellite they just flew through. With a scoped weapon, a piece of intel can be seen. Shoot it down to pick it up.
- Requiem Radio Transmissions 1-12: On the top floor of the Data Center, all the way across from Speed Cola. One per game can be collected.
- Requiem Documents 1-4: Randomly dropped from killing Mimics and Manglers. They will be lit up yellow like other documents.
- Requiem Artifacts: Obtained from building the free R.A.I. K-84.
The new Zombies Onslaught map Express drops three exclusive pieces of Requiem intel for PlayStation players. None of these count toward Calling Cards or overall intel progression.
For many, the most interesting intel category in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is tied to the legendary Zombies character Samantha Maxis. These items detail the character’s role in the Dark Aether narrative, with Firebase Z including several new pieces of lore exploring Sam’s story for fans to add to their in-game collections.
The Maxis intel locations are as follows:
- Audio Log 1: Hidden in a tricky spot above the Armor Stand in the Village. Players can see it peaking over a beam under the ceiling, with it able to be shot down.
- Audio Log 2: In the Village’s Equipment Storage area. Found on a bookcase directly in front of players as they enter the room.
- Audio Log 3: In the Barracks lockers that can be opened after obtaining the keys from the R.A.I. K-84 Easter egg.
- Maxis Transmissions 1-4: Activated via a table found near the top of the Rocky Defense area. One can be obtained each game.
- Maxis Documents 1-4: As with other documents, these will be dropped randomly from Manglers and Mimics.
Dark Aether Intel
Rounding out this lengthy list of collectibles is Dark Aether intel, which tells the stories of Aethernauts trapped inside the different dimension. The items also tease creatures like the Elder God fought during Firebase Z’s Assault Rounds, helping to give players some insight as to what enemies may be coming to the game next.
Unlike the other intel types, these are all obtained through the trial system, with a maximum of three being obtainable each game. Intel trials will display a folder before being activated, and will clearly be labeled with “intel” on the HUD when active. If players succeed at completing the trial, they can return to the trial terminal to claim their intel piece.
With more Zombies maps on the way in future seasons of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, the storyline should only be getting more interesting as time goes on.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.
MORE: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Firebase Z Zombies Map Has Game-Breaking Bug
Call of Duty: Warzone Streamer Aydan Says He’s Been ‘Shadow-Banned’ from the Game
About The Author
Intel – Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies