Justin Trudeau – COVID-19 in Ottawa: Quick Info for Jan. 20, 2021
Good morning. Right here is the newest information on COVID-19 and its impression on Ottawa.
- Ottawa noticed its lowest day by day COVID-19 case rely in three weeks on Tuesday.
- Canada will probably be getting zero doses of the Pfizer–BioNTech vaccine subsequent week amid cargo delays.
- Ontario’s premier says he is deeply troubled by the cuts to vaccine shipments.
COVID-19 by the numbers in Ottawa (Ottawa Public Well being information):
- New circumstances: 56 new circumstances on Tuesday
- Complete COVID-19 circumstances: 12,427
- COVID-19 circumstances per 100,000 (earlier seven days): 81.9
- Positivity charge in Ottawa: 4.Zero per cent (Jan. 11 – Jan. 17)
- Copy Quantity: 0.96 (seven day common)
Who ought to get a take a look at?
Ottawa Public Well being says there are 5 causes to hunt testing for COVID-19:
- You’re displaying COVID-19 signs. OR
- You’ve gotten been uncovered to a confirmed case of the virus, as knowledgeable by Ottawa Public Well being or publicity notification by the COVID Alert app. OR
- You’re a resident or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as recognized and knowledgeable by Ottawa Public Well being. OR
- You’re eligible for testing as a part of a focused testing initiative directed by the Ministry of Well being or the Ministry of Lengthy-Time period Care OR
- You’ve gotten traveled to the UK, or have come into contact with somebody who lately traveled to the UK, please go get examined instantly (even when you’ve got no signs).
The place to get examined for COVID-19 in Ottawa:
There are a number of websites for COVID-19 testing in Ottawa. To e book an appointment, go to https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/shared-content/assessment-centres.aspx
The Brewer Ottawa Hospital/CHEO Evaluation Centre
Open Monday to Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Friday to Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to three:30 p.m.
COVID-19 Drive-thru evaluation centre at Nationwide Arts Centre: Open seven days every week from 10 a.m. to six p.m.
The Moodie Care and Testing Centre: Open Monday to Friday from Eight a.m. to three:30 p.m.
The Heron Care and Testing Centre: Open Monday to Friday from Eight a.m. to Four p.m.
The Ray Friel Care and Testing Centre: Open Monday to Friday from Eight a.m. to Four p.m.
The COVID-19 Evaluation Centre at McNabb Neighborhood Centre: Open Monday to Friday from 10:30 a.m. to five:30 p.m.
Basic Signs: fever, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath
Different signs: sore throat, problem swallow, new lack of style or scent, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach ache, pneumonia, new or unexplained runny nostril or nasal congestion
Much less frequent signs: unexplained fatigue, muscle aches, headache, delirium, chills, pink/infected eyes, croup
Ottawa Public Well being mentioned Tuesday that 56 extra folks in Ottawa have examined constructive for COVID-19, the bottom day by day determine in three weeks.
Nevertheless, two extra residents of Ottawa have died of COVID-19.
There are early indicators of some enchancment within the COVID-19 state of affairs within the metropolis, with the variety of identified lively circumstances falling for the third day in a row, and a few weekly developments additionally on the decline. The variety of circumstances prior to now seven days per 100,000 residents has been slowly falling, and the estimated replica charge within the final week is under 1, suggesting viral unfold is slowing down.
Nevertheless, there are nonetheless greater than 30 COVID-19 outbreaks in congregate care settings equivalent to long-term care houses and retirement houses and new outbreaks are nonetheless being recurrently declared.
Final week, officers main the nationwide COVID-19 vaccination rollout mentioned shipments from Pfizer could be lower in half over the following 4 weeks as a result of enlargement plans on the pharmaceutical firm’s European manufacturing facility, however on Tuesday, Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin mentioned the scheduled cargo for the week of Jan. 25 could be deferred fully.
Deliveries will resume in February.
Metropolis of Ottawa officers are anticipated to handle the difficulty at the moment.
COVID-19 vaccine” src=”https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.5231868!/httpImage/picture.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/picture.jpg”/>
The premier mentioned he was not offended with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau or the federal authorities, however quite at Pfizer for its cuts to Canada.
He additionally made an attraction to incoming U.S. President Joe Biden for a million doses to get the province by the momentary drought from the worldwide pharmaceutical big.
Ontario has administered simply over 224,000 of its 277,000 whole vaccine doses, as of Monday.