ACCN Yr 1 Video Highlights
ACCN Yr One Highlights
• One of many league’s most vital historic accomplishments got here on August 22, 2019 with the launch of ACC Community (ACCN), a 24/7 nationwide community devoted to ACC sports activities and league-wide authentic programming. Initially introduced in July 2016, the launch was the fruits of years of planning by ACC Commissioner John Swofford, league directors and ESPN officers.
• ACCN consists of state-of-the-art campus studios in any respect 15 establishments.
• Among the many many advantages of ACCN are elevated income distribution for league establishments, employment alternatives for college kids, and promotion and protection of Olympic Sports activities, together with an unlimited enhance in programming for girls’s athletics.
• ACCN was nominated for 3 Sports activities Video Group awards and one Sports activities Emmy in its inaugural season. ACCN additionally received a gold medal for “Best Animation” on the New York Festivals TV & Movie Awards.
• ACCN has in depth attain and is accessible to households all through the ACC footprint and nationally by means of a large number of conventional and streaming pay TV suppliers. All followers throughout the footprint and nationally have the flexibility to entry the community.
• ACCN is accessible to almost 70 million households.
• Carriage agreements are in place with almost each main supplier together with: AT&T U-Verse, AT&T TV NOW, Cox, DIRECTV, DISH Community, fuboTV, Google Fiber, Hulu Dwell TV, Optimum, Sling TV, Spectrum TV, Suddenlink, TVision, Verizon Fios, YouTube TV, members of the NCTC, NRTC, Vidgo and Vivicast, amongst others.
• ACCN gives protection of greater than 450 unique ACC occasions yearly throughout the ACC’s 27 sponsored sports activities. Video games/matches featured on the community lengthen throughout common season and ACC Championships.
• Collectively, ACCN and its digital platform, ACC Community Additional (ACCNX), featured greater than 1,350 ACC occasions in its first yr.
• ACCN is dedicated to authentic storytelling and entry programming – two hallmarks of the community and showcased by means of a large number of documentaries and all-access collection. Examples from Yr 1 embody: The Class That Saved Coach Ok, Biggest Ever: 2018 Clemson Tigers,Bowden Dynasty, Champions Coaches Conversations, Unbelievable: Virginia’s Unbelievable Path to a Title, ACC Traditions, 1186 To Omaha: 2015 Virginia Baseball, All Entry with Carolina Basketball, 3-Day Weekend: Virginia Tech and All Entry The ACC Life.
• ACCN acquired unprecedented entry to excessive profile packages together with North Carolina males’s basketball, Notre Dame girls’s basketball and Miami girls’s basketball.
Dwell occasion protection
• Final fall, ACCN televised 41 regular-season soccer video games and had its franchise soccer studio present, The Huddle, on the inaugural ACCN recreation that includes defending nationwide champion Clemson versus Georgia Tech, Notre Dame at Duke and the ACC Soccer Championship Recreation. ACCN studio programming – Packer and Durham, The Huddle and All ACC have been additionally available on the Faculty Soccer Playoff Semifinal on the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl and the Nationwide Championship Recreation on the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
• ACCN completely aired 110 regular-season males’s basketball video games in its debut season, together with 68 convention matchups. ACCN additionally completely carried the primary spherical of the 2020 New York Life ACC Match.
• ACCN aired 60 regular-season girls’s basketball video games, together with 42 convention matchups, all through the 2019-20 season,representing a 46-game enhance within the variety of ACC girls’s basketball occasions obtainable on ESPN’s linear networks over final yr.Moreover, 140 extra video games have been obtainable on ACCNX. Thursday nights featured doubleheaders and devoted girls’s basketball studio programming.
• ACCN had dwell studio units on the convention’s basketball media days – ACC Girls’s Basketball Tipoff and Operation Basketball, in addition to the 2020 ACC Girls’s Basketball Match and New York Life ACC Males’s Basketball Match delivering surrounding protection of these occasions.
Girls’s Sports activities
• ACCN is dedicated to girls’s sports activities, delivering expansive protection of subject hockey, girls’s soccer and volleyball all through the autumn, girls’s basketball all through the autumn and winter, and softball and girls’s lacrosse all through the spring. Moreover, cross nation, swimming and diving, tennis and golf get pleasure from championship protection on the community.
• ACCN carried 30 regular-season girls’s soccer video games, 20 volleyball video games and 12 subject hockey matches through the fall sports activities season, whereas ACCNX carried 168 volleyball matches, 108 girls’s soccer video games and 42 subject hockey matches all through the common season. ACCNX additionally aired 16 NCAA girls’s soccer match video games.
• Discipline hockey noticed its first-ever linear broadcast of the game this season – completely on ACCN. Total, 18 subject hockey matches have been televised on ACCN, together with all three rounds of the ACC Discipline Hockey Championship.
• The ACC’s girls’s sports activities packages are repeatedly featured every single day on Packer and Durham and All ACC, and girls’s sports activities highlights have been proven through the two-hour The Huddle on Friday nights in addition to All ACCfollowing a full day of soccer. Thursday nights all through convention basketball season was “Ladies Night” that includes halftime and between-game protection of an ACC girls’s basketball doubleheader in addition to a full recap of the day’s motion on All ACC following the second recreation.
Olympic Sports activities
• ACC Community delivers essentially the most nationwide linear protection for the league’s Olympic sport packages (subject hockey, m/w soccer, wrestling, m/w lacrosse, softball and baseball). ACCN offered championship protection for subject hockey, m/w soccer and wrestling in its first yr.
• ACC wrestling loved a devoted evening of programming – Friday Night time Duals – highlighted by 5 straight weeks of convention matches and the finals of the ACC Wrestling Championship completely on ACCN. It marked the primary time the ACC Wrestling Championship was featured on a linear community.
Packer and Durham/Studio Reveals
• Every weekday morning from 7-10 a.m., Packer and Durham delivers information and commentary from across the ACC’s 15 establishments.
• Packer and Durham is an amazing service to ACC followers of all sports activities. Practically each ACC sport program has been featured on Packer and Durham because the present debuted. Packer and Durham was onsite for key ACC occasions, together with the primary ACC soccer and basketball video games on ACCN, basketball media days, the ACC Soccer Championship Recreation and the ACC males’s and girls’s basketball tournaments.
• Together with Packer and Durham, ACCN’s unique studio present lineup in its first yr included All ACC, The Huddle, Nothing However Weband Bald Males on Campus.
• Choose ACC males’s and girls’s soccer telecasts on ACCN featured ESPN’s unique “Keeper Cam” objective publish digicam system at present used on ESPN’s Main League Soccer productions. The ACC is the primary and solely collegiate convention to deploy the digicam system.
• ACCN utilized the Omnicam aerial digicam every week throughout soccer video games on the community. ACCN was additionally the primary to make use of it throughout males’s basketball video games this season.
• New York Life and GEICO are founding companions of ACCN. New York Life stays the official life insurance coverage firm of the ACC and continues because the unique title sponsor of the ACC Males’s Basketball Match which airs throughout ESPN and ACCN.
• Along with the 2 founding sponsors, New York Life and GEICO, the ACC and ACCN even have official sponsorships with Bojangles’, Meals Lion and Gatorade.
• The ACC and ACC Community staffs partnered to create a brand new FanFest occasion in Charlotte surrounding the 2019 ACC Soccer Championship Recreation. The occasion moved into the Charlotte Conference Heart for the primary time and attracted followers from collaborating groups, in addition to different ACC followers and people from the native Charlotte group. New reveals and interactive alternatives included a 50-yard turf subject, 40-yard sprint, subject objective kicking space, pep rally that includes band and cheer squads from each Clemson and Virginia, ACC Community expertise appearances and dwell ACC Community present manufacturing. Attendance for this yr’s FanFest approached 10,000 and acquired a 96% satisfaction price with three of each 4 attendees giving the occasion the utmost “5 stars”. Comparable FanFest occasions will probably be created for the ACC Males’s and Girls’s Basketball Tournaments.