Wink Inc. has interrupted the flood of unhealthy information about COVID-19 and inventory costs with some excellent news: Gross sales of non-variable U.S. particular person life merchandise regarded nice within the fourth quarter of 2019.
Complete gross sales of mounted common life insurance coverage and entire life insurance coverage elevated 14% between the fourth quarter of 2018 and the newest quarter, to $1.Eight billion.
Gross sales of listed life merchandise — which embrace each listed entire life merchandise and listed common life merchandise — rose a little bit sooner.
Analysts at Wink Inc. have revealed information on particular person life market efficiency in a abstract of outcomes from the corporate’s newest U.S. particular person life market issuer survey.
The Des Moines, Iowa-based firm collects information from 51 listed life suppliers, 72 common life suppliers, and 76 entire life suppliers.
The corporate doesn’t at present ask about time period life insurance coverage or variable life insurance coverage merchandise.
Right here’s how Wink life gross sales information for the newest quarter in contrast with gross sales figures for the fourth quarter of 2018:
- Listed Life: $725 million, up 15%.
- Fastened Common Life: $352 million, up 0.8%.
- Complete Life: $1.four billion, up 19%.
Sheryl Moore, Wink’s president, mentioned in a touch upon the outcomes that, as within the third quarter, one issue affecting gross sales within the fourth was life insurers’ strikes to switch insurance policies primarily based on 2001 mortality tables with insurance policies primarily based 2017 mortality tables.
Within the report, Wink additionally says that:
- About 73% of listed life gross sales got here from unbiased brokers, 13% from profession brokers, and 0% from registered funding advisors.
- Impartial brokers dealt with 57% of common life gross sales, and RIAs dealt with 0% of gross sales.
- Impartial brokers dealt with 52% of entire life gross sales, and RIAs accounted for 0% of gross sales.
- The S&P 500 index accounts for about 75% of listed life gross sales, and a gold commodity index accounts for about 0.1% of gross sales.
— Learn Mortality Desk Shift Hits Q1 Non-Variable Life Gross sales, on ThinkAdvisor.
— Join with ThinkAdvisor Life/Well being on Fb, LinkedIn and Twitter.