ST. GEORGE — Within the state’s evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Gov. Gary Herbert introduced Tuesday that every one eating places and bars within the state are to droop dine-in operations for the subsequent two weeks.
As a measure of reduction for companies that will likely be adversely affected throughout this time, state officers additionally introduced that companies impacted by the closure can apply for low-interest enterprise loans via the Small Enterprise Administration.
Suspension of dine-in operations
The suspension of dine-in operations goes into impact on Wednesday at 11:59 p.m., in line with a press launch from the Governor’s Workplace.
Throughout this era, eating places and different meals service entities can proceed to supply curbside, drive-through, choose up and supply choices. The order will likely be reassessed on the finish of this two-week interval.
“With the growing variety of COVID-19 instances in our communities, we should take fast motion to regulate our each day lives and restrict the unfold of the virus,” Herbert mentioned within the launch. “Now we have not made this resolution frivolously. I do know it will disrupt lives and price jobs, and for that, I’m very sorry. Nonetheless, I’m satisfied it will save many lives, and I’m additionally satisfied that Utahns will step as much as assist one another and we’ll get via this collectively.”
The governor additionally encourages Utahns to help native companies right now “in no matter means they’ll” throughout the tips set by the state.
The choice to droop dine-in operations goes together with robust suggestions made by President Donald Trump Monday that individuals throughout the nation meet in teams of not more than 10 people.
Specifics of the governor’s order embody:
- Curbside take-out and drive-through meals service (along with choose up service as famous above) is permitted. The place attainable, on-line (e.g., Venmo, Squarecash, Google Pay, Apple Pay) and telephonic bank card transactions are strongly inspired. Money funds are strongly discouraged. Staff who deal with money or bank cards shall use cleaning measures between every transaction, together with utilizing any finest practices issued by the division. Staff who deal with money or bank cards could not take part in meals preparation, dealing with, or supply.
- Third-party supply service (e.g., Uber Eats and DoorDash) is permitted. Staff of such companies shall keep away from bodily contact with any buyer. Staff of such companies could not interact in any supply companies if the worker presents any signs of sickness according to COVID-19. Staff of such companies shall use cleaning measures between every transaction, together with utilizing any finest practices issued by the division.
- Administration of meals service institutions shall guarantee, each day and in the beginning of every shift, that no worker who presents any symptom of sickness according to COVID-19 will likely be permitted to work.
The order, which additionally consists of tips for companies on the whole, will be seen in its entirety right here.
Lt. Gov. Spencer J. Cox, who chairs the Utah COVID-19 Neighborhood Activity Drive, careworn that Utah has a full-time staff specializing in constructing Utah’s capability to check for COVID-19.
“Till now we have the flexibility to check extensively and institute focused isolation procedures, we should take each essential precaution to restrict the unfold of the virus,” Cox mentioned within the launch. “These preventative measures will assist scale back the burden on our medical system and save lives.”
Small enterprise loans
Following a gathering of the Washington County Fee Tuesday, Commissioner Victor Iverson mentioned one of many steps for the county following coordinating with the county’s municipalities on the coronavirus difficulty is addressing the affect to native enterprise.
“The subsequent step is figuring out companies which have been so impacted,” Iverson mentioned. “As monies turn into obtainable, via some the stimulus cash if you’ll, or another means, we need to be certain that we’re ready get that out to our companies impacted by this.”
Shortly earlier than the governor introduced restrictions on eating places, bars and comparable companies, the Governor’s Workplace of Financial Improvement introduced that Utah companies are eligible to use to small enterprise loans from the Small Enterprise Administration as a means to assist enterprise homeowners climate the affect.
“We acknowledge this mortgage program is not going to remedy all of in the present day’s financial challenges, however it should function a useful gizmo for companies affected by COVID-19,” says Ryan Starks, managing director of enterprise companies at GOED. “Small enterprise homeowners are the spine of Utah’s financial system, and these obtainable loans display how important they’re.”
Phrases of the SBA loans are as follows:
- 3.75% rate of interest for small companies.
- 2.75% rate of interest for nonprofits.
- Mortgage quantities as much as $2 million per entity.
- Compensation phrases as much as 30 years.
Companies are inspired to use for small enterprise loans on the Small Enterprise Administration web site.
“Throughout troublesome occasions, Utahns do what we do finest, help one another,” mentioned Val Hale, GOED’s govt director. “With the assistance of their prospects and this vital help from the SBA, our enterprise homeowners will adapt, improvise and overcome COVID-19’s financial challenges.”
Utah enterprise homeowners could discover the next sources useful:
Copyright St. George Information, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2020, all rights reserved.