NEW YORK, Aug. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — N26, the cell banking platform that’s altering the way in which U.S. shoppers bank, as we speak launched new survey outcomes that reveal the worldwide influence of COVID-19 and the way the pandemic has shifted particular person spending habits. The survey, which captured knowledge from over 3,000 adults throughout the U.S., exhibits that 2020 was set to be a giant spending 12 months for individuals throughout the nation, with practically two-thirds (61%) of respondents saying they’d deliberate to spend cash on big-ticket gadgets reminiscent of shopping for a brand new automobile, paying off debt, happening a trip overseas, or shopping for a brand new home. However as new challenges and priorities emerged with the disaster, 63% of respondents have been pressured to cancel or postpone such spending. Whereas 39% of respondents on this state of affairs misplaced cash due to cancelled plans (with a median lack of $759), 71% truly saved cash in consequence. What’s extra, those that held onto their cash managed to avoid wasting a median of $2,102.
The survey additionally highlights individuals’s evolving emotions in the direction of journey. N26 discovered that whereas slightly below a 3rd (30%) of respondents have been planning to go overseas this 12 months, solely 21% of these with international journey plans had or anticipate having their plans go as initially supposed. Due to COVID-19, 58% of respondents are both contemplating or have already taken a staycation this 12 months — the primary staycation for 34% of these respondents.
The survey additional signifies that 64% of respondents have taken up new habits on account of the influence of COVID-19 on their each day lives. 34% of respondents spoke to household extra within the wake of COVID-19, and 79% of these respondents are dedicated to doing so post-pandemic. Moreover, virtually 1 / 4 (22%) of respondents acknowledge that COVID-19’s influence has made them extra doubtless to talk about cash to family members.
Extra key takeaways from the survey embrace:
- Monetary Help: A couple of quarter (26%) of respondents have needed to search monetary help throughout the COVID-19 disaster. For younger Individuals ages 18-24, their dad and mom have been their best choice (41%), adopted by a detailed good friend (26%), after which the federal government (19%).
- Worldwide Fear: Nearly two-thirds (64%) of respondents stated they’re apprehensive about international journey beginning up once more. Why? The highest concern was that it could enhance the variety of COVID-19 circumstances within the U.S. (38%), adopted by concern for private well being or that of a liked one (32%), and concern about getting stranded in another country due to journey restrictions (19%).
- Staycation Locations: 46% of respondents do not assume it is sensible to journey overseas in the mean time attributable to COVID-19, and would slightly decide to remain near dwelling. The survey finds that the seaside is the favourite vacation spot within the U.S. for a staycation (23%), with mountainous (21%) and rural locations (19%) coming in as shut runners-up.
- Shift in Monetary Habits: Respondents are adopting new monetary habits reminiscent of elevated utilization of cell banking (31%) and on-line grocery buy (31%). Over 1 / 4 (28%) of respondents have additionally opted to pay extra by card than by cash throughout the disaster, and 63% of these respondents will proceed to take action after the disaster has handed.
“The pandemic has pressured us to change into extra cautious with our cash. We’re seeing that individuals are growing new digital habits, particularly with their funds, as our plans and lives have fully modified,” stated Alex Weber, Chief Progress Officer of N26. “Now greater than ever, shoppers want belief, flexibility and a safer expertise as they adapt to those new monetary adjustments. At N26, we’re devoted to serving to shoppers change into extra financially assured and we’re proud to supply a product that empowers individuals to dwell and bank their method.”
In response to shifting world attitudes in the direction of journey and spending, N26 is constant its name for individuals to get entangled on this planet’s largest on-line banking dialogue: the Massive Banking Chat. The worldwide marketing campaign seeks to floor individuals’s questions and issues in terms of their private funds, and assist present solutions and ideas so that individuals can really feel assured in managing their funds as we confront this new actuality.
To be taught extra concerning the survey findings and to take a look at further content material, go to right here.
- The findings are based mostly on a survey by Sapio commissioned by N26, of over 3,000 adults throughout the U.S. The ballot was carried out in July and August 2020.
N26 GmbH (“N26”) is constructing the primary cell banking platform the world loves to make use of. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal based N26 in 2013 and launched the preliminary product in early 2015. As we speak N26 has greater than 5 million prospects in 25 markets. The corporate employs greater than 1,500 workers throughout 5 workplace areas: Berlin, New York, Barcelona, Vienna and São Paulo. With a full European banking license, state-of-the-art know-how and no department community, N26 has redesigned banking for the 21st century and is out there on Android, iOS and desktop. N26 has raised near $800 million from the world’s most established buyers, together with Perception Enterprise Companions, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Enterprise Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, along with members of the Zalando administration board, and Redalpine Ventures. N26 presently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Eire, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the U.S., the place it operates through its wholly-owned subsidiary, N26 Inc., based mostly in New York. Banking providers within the U.S. are supplied by N26 Inc. in partnership with Axos Bank®, Member FDIC. For extra details about N26, please go to n26.com.
About Axos Bank
Axos Bank is a federally-chartered nationwide bank that gives client and enterprise banking merchandise by means of its low-cost distribution channels and affinity companions. With roughly $13.9 billion in belongings, Axos Bank gives financing for single and multi-family residential properties, small, medium and enormous companies in goal sectors, and chosen specialty finance receivables. Axos Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Axos Monetary, Inc., a monetary providers holding firm listed on the NYSE below the image “AX” and a part of the Russell 2000® Index and the S&P SmallCap 600® Index. For extra details about Axos Bank, please go to axosbank.com.