NYACK, NY — Protests in New Metropolis, Nyack and Haverstraw will likely be a part of a nationwide effort to indicate assist for the U.S. Postal Service.
Rockland United, which is internet hosting the occasions in New Metropolis and Nyack, means that indicators thanking postal employees are inspired.
“Save the Publish Workplace Saturday” Day of Motion demonstrations will likely be at 11 a.m. in New Metropolis and Nyack. A 10 a.m. occasion will begin at 10 a.m., in accordance with Save The Publish Workplace.
Protests scheduled across the Hudson Valley embrace:
- USPS-100 Fisher Ave., White Plains
- Ardsley Publish Workplace, Ardsley
- VFW Plaza, Hastings-on-Hudson
- Nyack Publish Workplace, Nyack
- Yonkers Postal Workplace, Yonkers
- Yorktown Publish Workplace, Yorktown Heights
- Peekskill Publish Workplace, Peekskill
- U.S. Publish Workplace, Mahopac
- U.S. Publish Workplace, Carmel
- Wingdale Publish Workplace, Wingdale
- Poughkeepsie Publish Workplace, Poughkeepsie
- West Hurley Publish Workplace, West Hurley
- Saugerties Publish Workplace, Saugerties
- Catskill Publish Workplace, Catskill
- Haverstraw Publish Workplace at 10 a.m.
- New Metropolis Publish Workplace
Hosts have been inspired to set a participant restrict of 50 or fewer folks and are anticipated to set limits consistent with native public well being pointers. All members are anticipated to put on a masks and keep social distancing.
One New York politician has proposed an modern option to defend the Postal Service.
“Compromising crucial mail service for veterans, small enterprise homeowners, rural communities, and hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers who depend on the mail is unacceptable,” U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand stated in a press release Monday.
Gillibrand thinks the Postal Service ought to be enhanced. She has launched the Postal Banking Act to strengthen the Postal Service by establishing a nonprofit bank providing low-cost checking and financial savings accounts, ATMs, cell banking, and low-interest loans. The postal bank would additionally assist the hundreds of thousands of Individuals who’ve been economically devastated by the coronavirus pandemic. By funding the Postal Service, the laws would assist keep the greater than 30,000 areas throughout the nation that serve voters in each neighborhood.