BELIZE CITY, Belize, June 26, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Yesterday, the Prime Minister of Belize made the official announcement that Belize’s worldwide airport (BZE), the Philip Goldson Worldwide Airport can be opened on August 15, 2020, as a part of the nation’s five-phase re-opening technique for tourism. The opening of the worldwide airport will kick-off Belize’s third section of re-opening, permitting for additional journey rest and open entry for chartered flights, personal aviation and restricted re-opening of worldwide leisure journey with permitted lodges solely.
Enhanced well being and security protocols for lodges had been additionally permitted by the Honourable Jose Manuel Heredia, Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation, which function the inspiration for the vacation spot’s latest “Tourism Gold Commonplace” Recognition Program for lodges, eating places and tour operators. This 9-point program seeks to boost the tourism business’s well being and security requirements by adapting new behaviors and procedures to make sure each workers and travellers are assured within the cleanliness and security of Belize’s tourism product. A few of these new requirements embrace:
- Social distancing and using face masks whereas in public areas
- On-line check-in/out, contactless cost programs, and automatic ordering/reserving programs
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the property
- Enhanced room cleansing and improve sanitization of public areas and excessive contact surfaces
- Every day well being checks for company and workers
- Designated ‘Isolation/Quarantine rooms’ for suspected Covid-19 circumstances and motion plans for dealing with suspected workers or company
- Excursions, Archaeological Websites & Nationwide Parks
- New capability restrictions for all tourism websites to make sure social distancing could be maintained
- Smaller tour teams to offer a extra intimate tour expertise
- Websites and Parks to handle excursions by appointment to restrict the variety of individuals on web site
- Enhanced sanitization of tour tools
Though restricted in scope, this phased method permits for the business to re-open responsibly, to check new entry protocols, and to permit for changes as needed to make sure the wellbeing of Belizeans and guests. Because the nation re-opens for journey, Belize desires to guarantee travellers and residents that lodges and eating places can be cleaner and safer than ever earlier than.
The Journey Journey
Vacationers to Belize can be comforted to know that primarily based on correct administration and containment efforts utilized in the course of the top of the pandemic, Belize was in a position to take pleasure in over 50 days of a Covid-19 free setting. Ongoing efforts will supply trip alternatives with minimal danger of contracting Covid-19 whereas in Belize. As well as, with Belize having such low inhabitants density and being only a brief flight away from most main US cities, the vacation spot is nicely poised for post-Covid-19 journey.
All vacationers to Belize can be required to stick to well being and security measures applied by the Authorities of Belize (GOB) together with social distancing, hand sanitization, correct hygiene and the sporting of face masks in public areas.
- All passengers travelling to Belize can be required to obtain the Belize Well being App and full the required data previous to boarding the flight to Belize. A QR code with a singular ID quantity can be returned to the passenger, and can be used for contact tracing whereas in Belize.
- Passengers are inspired to take a Covid PCR take a look at inside 72 hours of journey to Belize.
As part of the pre-travel course of, the passenger ought to begin by reserving their flight and lodge. Opening of lodges can be in a phased method, and the primary grouping of lodges that can be allowed to open embrace properties that:
- Have achieved the Tourism Gold Commonplace Certificates of Recognition, and
- Present full service to company. Which means that these lodges are in a position to present all facilities, in order to include the visitor on the property, and decrease alternatives for visitor interplay inside the area people. These facilities embrace having transportation to supply pick-up/drop-off providers from the airport; entry to a restaurant on property; have a pool or entry to seaside entrance; and have the ability to present remoted excursions, restricted to company of the property solely.
Passengers are subsequently inspired to e-book Gold Commonplace permitted lodges. An inventory of the Gold Commonplace permitted lodges can be out there at www.travelbelize.org within the coming weeks.
- Passengers that present certification of a damaging take a look at consequence from a Covid-19 PCR take a look at finished inside 72 hours of journey, can be allowed quick entry into Belize through a ‘quick monitor‘ lane.
- Passengers that don’t present a damaging Covid-19 take a look at, should take a look at upon arrival in Belize, on the passenger’s expense. A damaging take a look at consequence will permit entry into Belize.
- Passengers who take a look at optimistic for Covid-19 on the Belize Worldwide Airport can be positioned in obligatory quarantine for a minimal interval of fourteen (14) days on the passenger’s expense.
All guests to Belize can be required to:
- Put on a masks throughout the complete touchdown, deplaning and arrival course of, and whereas contained in the airport.
- Endure temperature checks utilizing non-contact digital infrared thermometers or Thermal Imaging Cameras.
- Adhere to social distancing pointers in all queues for well being checks, immigration and customs inspections.
- Observe and reply to the great, pro-active, contact tracing pointers to facilitate applicable and fast response from well being officers, ought to Covid-19 signs develop.
- Make the most of the sanitizing stations to sanitize palms ceaselessly and facilitate different well being screening necessities on arrival.
On the Airport
The Philip Goldson Worldwide Airport (PGIA) has applied enhanced cleansing and sanitization protocols. These embrace:
- Set up of limitations and sneeze guards between passengers and Immigration & Customs officers
- Hand sanitizing stations all through the terminal constructing to help with correct hand hygiene
- Ground markers positioned 6 ft aside to advertise social distancing and help passengers within the queuing course of
- Sanitization of passenger baggage previous to switch into the terminal constructing.
Residents and guests departing from Belize can even see new enhanced well being and security measures applied. A few of these new measures embrace:
- Limiting entry into the terminal constructing to solely ticketed passengers
- Necessary use of face masks always whereas within the terminal constructing
- Security limitations put in at check-in counters and the Immigration space
- Social distancing to guard passengers
Preparation for the return of visitation through land borders and cruising are nonetheless underway and re-opening plans can be introduced at a later date. The Authorities of Belize, Ministry of Well being, Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation, and the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) proceed to actively monitor this very fluid state of affairs.
For the official Authorities Press Launch please click on right here. To entry the detailed well being and security protocols, we invite you to go to: https://belizetourismboard.org/belize-covid-19-update-for-travellers/. For questions or considerations, contact the Belize Tourism Board at [email protected]
SOURCE Belize Tourism Board