By Ellson Quismorio
The Home Committee on Data and Communications Know-how has accredited the proposed Act establishing an e-government, which is seen as one of many key measures that will assist the nation regulate to the so-called “new normal.”
Carried by panel chairman, Tarlac 2nd district Rep. Victor Yap on June 1, Monday afternoon, was a movement approving Home Invoice (HB) No.1248, principally authored by Deputy Speaker and Camarines Sur 2nd district Rep. LRay Villafuerte.
Dialogue on the measure moved rapidly throughout the panel’s digital listening to, because the taking part Home members in addition to invited useful resource individuals from the Division of the Inside and Native Authorities (DILG), Division of Data and Communications Know-how (DICT), Division of Commerce and Trade (DTI), Chief Data Officers Discussion board (CIOF), and Cooperative Growth Authority (CDA) expressed assist for the invoice.
“Let’s not dilly-dally on this. This bill is very timely,” Yap mentioned.
After the panel approval, Villafuerte candidly mentioned: “Maraming salamat sa inyo, noong 17th Congress ko pa tinutulak ito (Thanks to all of you, I’ve been pushing for this since the 17th Congress).”
Bataan 2nd district Rep. Joet Garcia moved to have all congressmen current within the listening to be made as co-authors of HB No.1248. “That would be my honor,” Villafuerte mentioned.
Whereas the e-government invoice might be thought of an “old” measure, having been refiled from the earlier Congress, it has discovered new significance with the nation now gearing towards having stronger on-line and data technology-based processes amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Bicol lawmaker mentioned the aim of his invoice was to institutionalize an “e-government master plan,” each within the nationwide and native ranges.
“When I was governor, I can say there was really no system being introduced or encouraged by the national government. Because within the national government system, walang inter-operability (there was no inter-operability),” he advised the panel.
“Although mayroon pong master plan ang DICT, hindi siya institutionalized (Although the DICT has a master plan, it’s not institutionalized). That’s why we need a law,” he added.
Villafuerte mentioned HB No.1248 goals to develop, promote, and inter-link digital authorities providers and processes in all state businesses and companies within the Philippines.
The invoice requires integration of the citizen frontline providers of all businesses dealing with enterprise registration, digitization of archives, and data administration info programs (MIS) throughout all workplaces, and the adoption of an internet-based digital cost facility to allow folks and corporations to remit funds electronically to businesses, amongst different provisions.
The e-government grasp plan has six main elements, based on Villafuerte. These are:
- An interoperability framework to information and govern fundamental technical and informational interoperability of the ICT programs of all authorities businesses and companies;
- An Archives and Data Administration Data System for all authorities paperwork and data;
- An Web-based Authorities On-line Fee System and gateway that may allow residents and companies to remit funds electronically to authorities businesses;
- A Citizen Frontline Supply Providers that will facilitate enterprise registration-related transactions by integrating all businesses concerned in enterprise registration;
- A Public Monetary Administration system to harmonize such monetary programs in authorities as taxation, cost programs, accounting and enterprise registries; and
- A Procurement System offering on-line and real-time providers encompassing all procurement processes involving bidding, contract agreements, and cost for providers or provides.
He mentioned the adoption of those six elements would improve the entry to and supply of presidency providers to result in environment friendly, responsive, moral, accountable, and clear authorities service.
He expressed confidence that the measure would get ample funding from the Home, which has the ability of the purse.
Additionally accredited by the Yap panel throughout the identical digital listening to had been HB Nos. 6759 and 6786, or the proposed acts supporting the expansion and growth of digital careers within the Philippines. The payments had been authored by Villafuerte and Bohol third district Rep. Kristine Alexie Tutor, respectively.
Yap mentioned the dual measures shall be consolidated.