Paypal – Burger King Taps Venmo in Promotion and other Digital Transactions News briefs from 12/21/20 – Digital Transactions
- Fast-food chain Burger King is depositing $1 into random Venmo accounts to promote the chain’s $1 Your Way Menu, which features all items at a price of $1. Venmo is a peer-to-peer payments provider owned by PayPal Holdings Inc.
- Blackhawk Network said it has added a capability to order gift cards for curbside pickup at 1,900 Kroger Co. supermarkets nationwide.
- Payroc WorldAccess LLC said it will provide an integrated payments service to pVerify Software, which develops an app for patient eligibility verification.
- Paysafe Group announced Amelco, which provides white-label turnkey services for the gaming industry, will integrate Paysafe’s payment technology into its player account management platform for U.S. users.
- Xoom, a cross-border remittance service and a unit of PayPal Holdings Inc., said it has integrated with a real-time payments system in India to allow non-residential Indians and persons of Indian origin living in the United States, Canada, and Europe to send money to persons in India.
- Zuora Inc., a subscription-management platform provider, said it is working with Siemens Healthineers AG to enable new recurring-payments sources through Siemens’s Digital Health Solutions Portfolio.
- Canada’s ICICI Bank launched a Visa debit card enabled for contactless payment and for blocking or unblocking usage via a mobile app.
- Idemia, a provider of identity technology, said it has received a security certificate from standards body EMVCo for a biometric chip for payment cards. Biometric-components provider Zwipe will distribute the cards globally starting in the second half of 2021.
An integration between online delivery service Instacart and grocery chain Aldi that lets customers use …