Paypal – How to pay for Netflix in Kenya: A comprehensive step-by-step guide
Netflix is one of the fastest-growing video streaming platforms in Kenya and other parts of the world. Over the past few years, its viewership in the country has been rising steadily, thanks to the availability of cheap internet services. Also, the streaming service has been offering its Kenyan users affordable packages worth trying. However, many of its users have been having a challenge paying for its services due to the unavailability of a direct payment mode. Are you among the people who have been struggling to know how to pay for Netflix services?
A considerable percentage of the Kenyan population relies on M-Pesa, Airtel Money, and T-Kash services to pay for most services. For this reason, many of them would love to have a payment option that allows them to renew their subscriptions using at least one of the mobile banking options.
Which are the best ways to pay for Netflix in the absence of the usual mobile phone-based money transfer services? The good news is that there are a few tricks to make that happen from the comfort of your home. Overall, all you need to have is an internet connection, your subscription fee, and a PayPal account.
How to pay for Netflix
There is only one payment option that works for Netflix in Kenya – credit or debit cards. Generally, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express is acceptable. Therefore, people using PayPal can make payment stress-free via M-Pesa because it contains a Visa logo.
Can I pay Netflix with M-Pesa? Yes, it is possible to pay for Netflix streaming services using M-Pesa. However, the process is not straight-forward; a direct payment mode is not available yet, for instance, something like Lipa na M-Pesa. In the meantime, here is a step-by-step process on how to pay for Netflix using PayPal via M-Pesa:
1. Create a PayPal account if you do not have one already: Setting up a PayPal account can be done in less than two minutes. On your search box, search for the official PayPal website to sign up for free. Ensure the account bears the same name as that of your M-Pesa account for easy verification.
2. Link the PayPal account to your M-Pesa: Go to PayPal Money Service to link the account. You do not have to worry if the account is liked already. Follow the process as outlined on the website.
3. Make a deposit into your PayPal account: Go to your M-Pesa and deposit money into the PayPal account using Pay Bill Number 800088. Use your M-Pesa number as your account number. Ensure the amount you deposit is equivalent to your preferred package.
4. Sign in to your Netflix account to update your account information: Log in to your account to set a payment plan. Fill in the credit option form fields with the correct information as it appears on your card. Details needed here, precisely, are your first and last name, card number, expiration date, and security code (CVV).
Now proceed to the “Account” then “Update payment info” and choose PayPal. Enter your email address then press “Next” for more directions and finally click “Agree & Continue” to complete the Netflix payment update process.
5. Payment accepted: Once the email is set, funds from your PayPal account will be automatically deducted from your account. The amount to be deducted will depend on your viewership plan. Overall, making Netflix payment online is as simple as explained here.
How can I pay for Netflix without a credit card?
At the moment, you can only pay for its services using a credit card. Others pay using gift codes. Netflix‘s website does not have any other alternative. Therefore, there is no need to try anything else. Anyone purporting to have an alternative is likely looking for a way to scam you.
How much is Netflix per month in Kenya?
Now that you know how to pay for the services, you may want to know the cost of its packages. Netflix offers its customers three packages, namely Basic (Ksh. 700), Standard (Ksh. 950), and Premium (Ksh. 1200).
The price of each plan is based on a few factors, such as video quality and the number of devices you can watch content at the same time. Therefore, a higher package is probably the best, even though all viewers will still get the same unlimited content.
What do you think about this guide on how to pay for Netflix in Kenya? It is a walk in the park as long as you have M-Pesa and PayPal accounts. Watch your favourite TV series, movies, and documentaries on Netflix with little to no interruptions.
Tuko.co.ke published a step-by-step guide on how to pay your DSTV bill via M-Pesa. Paying for DStv has now been simplified by Lipa na M-Pesa services. All you need to have is a mobile phone to renew your subscription.
Launch your SIM Tool Kit app on your phone, then click “Lipa na M-Pesa.” Proceed by clicking the “Pay Bill” option then enter 444900 followed with your DStv Smart Card number as your account number. Finally, input the amount you want to pay and your password to complete the process.