Publisher tinyBuild and developer Neverjam will release SpiderHeck, a game where spiders battle with laser swords, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2022, the companies announced. A beta is available now for PC via Steam.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
SpiderHeck is a fast-paced couch co-op brawler where spiders dance to the death in the grip of chaotic battles using laser swords, grenades and even rocket launchers to defeat their foes.
Challenge yourself by fighting wave after wave of vicious enemies in endless hours of single-player fun, or let the mayhem begin in a dazzling fight against your friends taking on the enemies in player-versus-environment; stab, sling, and scramble your way to victory in this silly spider showdown.
- Single or Multiplayer Player-versus-Environment – Take on the enemies in single-player or local multiplayer chaos for up to four players.
- Local Multiplayer Player-versus-Player – Duel to the death against your friends to see who will become champion of the SpiderHeck arena.
- Easy to Pick Up – Simple, intuitive controls that will have you swinging around like the spider swordmaster you are destined to be in no time.
- Hilarious Physics-Based Combat – Watch in delight as your friends pull off the ultimate parkour feat, before catapulting themselves face-first into the lava.
- Incredible Acrobatics – Spiders react dynamically to the carnage, resulting in a range of badass and hilariously clumsy moments.
- Choose Your Weapon – A wide range of weapons to destroy your enemies with.
- Level Up – Utilize perks to upgrade your gameplay.
Watch the announcement trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.