Good Place to Work® and Fortune have honored Roblox, a world on-line platform bringing of us collectively by way of play, as one among many 2021 Best Workplaces inside the Bay Area™.
The ranking depends on confidential survey options representing larger than 44,000 staff from corporations all through the Bay Area. Good Place to Work, a world of us analytics and consulting company, evaluated larger than 60 elements of group members’ experience on the job.
These included the extent to which staff perception leaders, the respect with which people are dealt with, the fairness of workplace alternatives, and the way in which rather a lot camaraderie there’s among the many many group.
“Our founding company value is to ‘Respect the Community,’ and employee well-being is a top priority. That is why we invest in programs, benefits, and opportunities that create a positive environment where employees can thrive,” said Barbara Messing, Chief Employee Experience Officer of Roblox. “At its core, Roblox is a corporation of inventors. We’re fixing among the many hardest engineering and product challenges as we assemble the metaverse and convey of us across the globe to play, research, and work collectively.”
The Best Workplaces inside the Bay Area stand out for excelling in one among many nation’s finest markets. To that end, to attract the right experience and be a wonderful place to work, Roblox instituted various new initiatives in 2020 to strengthen the company’s custom whereas concurrently providing the belongings essential to help its staff excel of their jobs:
- Roblox created a sequence of “Leading Remotely” intervals the place managers may discuss ingenious strategies to deal with teams practically.
- Roblox started offering regularly-scheduled psychological well-being days off for staff to recharge.
- Roblox launched a model new “no-meeting Wednesdays” protection to combat on-line meeting fatigue and allow staff to focus on their duties and family points with none interruption.
- Roblox supplied a $1,000 allowance for home office instruments to each employee and started frequent digital gatherings to convey staff collectively, current vital updates, discuss points that make the group anxious or uncertain, and reply questions on a weekly basis.
- Roblox launched Roblox Giving, a program for Roblox to match contributions from eligible staff, buck for buck, as a lot as $10,000 per contributor per 12 months, to the charitable organizations of their different.
- Roblox launched new Selection, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, along with employee helpful useful resource groups (ERGs) to help underrepresented groups and help educate the broader employee group.
- The Roblox People group recreated its 2020 internship program to be run in a very digital environment and extra expanded it to help further faculty college students all through the U.S. This technique was honored as one among many Prime 100 Internship Purposes 2020.
- The engineering group developed an immersive digital experience recreating the company’s HQ on Roblox the place staff may work along with one another on the end of each of the weekly townhall gatherings.
“Talented people in the Bay Area want to work for organizations where they can be part of something innovative and impactful,” said Michael C. Bush, CEO of Good Place to Work. “Organizations like Roblox are attracting these candidates because of their good workplace custom the place staff actually really feel like their job is critical and that they may maximize their human potential.”
The Best Workplaces inside the Bay Area is one in every of a sequence of rankings by Good Place to Work and Fortune based totally on employee options from Good Place to Work-Licensed™ organizations. Roblox moreover was ranked as a Best Workplace in 2019 and 2020 by Good Place to Work and Fortune.
Roblox’s mission is to assemble a human co-experience platform that allows shared experiences amongst billions of consumers. On each day foundation, larger than 36 million of us across the globe have pleasing with mates as they uncover a whole lot of 1000’s of immersive digital experiences. All of these experiences are constructed by the Roblox group, made up of over 5 million creators. We take into account in establishing a protected, civil, and quite a few group—one which evokes and fosters creativity and optimistic relationships between of us across the globe. For further data, please go to corp.roblox.com.
Regarding the Best Workplaces inside the Bay Area™
Good Place to Work based totally its ranking on a data-driven methodology utilized to confidential Perception Index™ survey responses from larger than 44,000 Bay Area staff at Good Place to Work-Licensed™ organizations.
Employees responded to over 60 survey questions describing the extent to which their group creates a Good Place to Work For All™. Eighty-five p.c of the evaluation depends on what staff say about their experiences of perception and reaching their full human potential as part of their group, regardless of who they’re or what they do. Good Place to Work analyzes these experiences relative to each group’s dimension, workforce make up, and what’s typical of their commerce and inside the Bay Area.
The remaining 15 p.c of the rank depends on an analysis of all staff’ every day experiences of innovation, the company’s values, and the effectiveness of their leaders, to ensure they’re continually expert.
To be thought-about, corporations wanted to fulfill the Good Place to Work-Licensed commonplace. To verify corporations had a sufficient Bay Area presence, a minimal of 10 of us from the Bay Area wished to answer to the survey and as a minimum 5% of the survey respondents at large corporations and as a minimum 20% in small and medium corporations wished to be from the Bay Area. Companies with 10 to 999 of us have been thought-about for the small and medium class; corporations with 1,000 staff or further have been thought-about for the massive class.
To review further about Good Place to Work Certification and recognition on Best Workplaces lists printed with Fortune, go to Greatplacetowork.com.
About Good Place to Work®
Good Place to Work is the worldwide authority on workplace custom. They help organizations quantify their custom and produce increased enterprise outcomes by making a high-trust work experience for all staff. Emprising®, their custom administration platform, empowers leaders with the surveys, real-time reporting, and insights they need to make data-driven of us alternatives. They acknowledge Good Place to Work-Licensed™ corporations and the Best Workplaces™ inside the US and larger than 60 nations, along with the 100 Best Companies to Work For® itemizing printed yearly in Fortune.
Research further at greatplacetowork.com and be part of the group on LinkedIn, Twitter.