Sanofi – 30 key management adjustments affecting the pharma trade in 2020
The pharma trade witnessed tons of of management adjustments in 2020, together with appointments, retirements and the creation of recent roles.
Beneath are 30 key strikes involving pharma trade leaders in 2020, as reported by Becker’s Hospital Assessment.
- Moncef Slaoui, PhD, the previous pharmaceutical government who was named chief adviser of the White Home’s Operation Warp Pace program, resigned from Moderna‘s board and divested his $10 million in stock choices.
- CVS Well being President and CEO Larry Merlo introduced he’ll step down from his position in February and hand the reins over to Karen Lynch, president of CVS’ Aetna insurance coverage unit.
- Former Ceremony Help CEO John Standley turned the brand new president of Walgreens.
- CVS Well being named Daniel Finke as the brand new president of its Aetna healthcare advantages phase
- Jonathan Sackler, co-owner of OxyContin-maker Purdue Pharma, died of most cancers at age 65.
- CVS Well being appointed Neela Montgomery as the brand new president of its CVS Pharmacy enterprise.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance introduced Mike Maresca onto its management staff as chief know-how officer, a place he started in late June.
- CVS Well being dropped three administrators from its 16-member board, together with former Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini.
- Ceremony Help appointed Roxanne Schwans as its senior vp of market entry and pharmacy buying.
- Chris Bohrer turned Ceremony Help’s senior vp of payer and strategic initiatives.
- Walgreens employed Kevin Ban, MD, former CMO for Athenahealth, to function its new CMO.
- Alan Lotvin, MD, turned president of CVS Caremark.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance CEO Stefano Pessina stepped down from his position.
- CVS Well being named Jonathan Meyhew as its government vp of transformation.
- Walgreens President Richard Ashworth, PharmD, left the corporate to change into CEO of Tivity Well being, a well being and health firm based mostly in Nashville, Tenn.
- David Loew, government vp of Sanofi’s vaccines unit, left the corporate to change into the CEO of a French biotech, and Thomas Triomphe assumed his position.
- Biogen CFO Jeffrey Capello stepped down from his position, which Mike McDonnell took over.
- The American Pharmacists Affiliation swore in Scott Knoer, PharmD, as its 13th CEO throughout a digital ceremony.
- Alan Predominant, government vp of Sanofi’s shopper healthcare unit, left his position and was changed by beauty firm model president Julie Van Ongevalle.
- Alec Cunningham turned the chief vp and COO of CVS’ Aetna.
- Natalie Bickford turned Sanofi’s first chief folks officer.
- Sanofi appointed Arnaud Roberts as its first chief digital officer.
- The American Pharmacists Affiliation named Theresa Tolle because the 2021-22 president-elect.
- Rick Vibrant, PhD, a vaccine professional with many years of expertise working within the federal authorities, resigned from HHS Oct. 6 citing a hostile office.
- Harout Semerjian, CEO of biopharma firm Immunomedics, resigned after serving solely six weeks within the position.
- Luciano Rossetti, MD, retired from his position as world head of analysis and improvement for Merck‘s healthcare enterprise sector.
- Former Amazon government Omer Gajial was named senior vp of pharmacy and well being at Albertsons, which operates 1,726 pharmacies within the U.S.
- Bayer appointed Christian Rommel, PhD, as its new head of prescription drugs analysis and improvement.
- Ipsen appointed Philippe Lopes-Fernandes as its new government vp and chief enterprise officer.
- Vedanta Biosciences named Merck and AbbVie veteran Jeffrey Silber, MD, its new CMO.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Involved in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content material? View our insurance policies by clicking right here.