Canadian National Stock – TSX falls 0.26% to 16,230.23 | Reuters
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.26 percent to 16,230.23
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc <ACB.TO>, up 7.6%, Element Fleet Management Corp , up 7.5%, and Hudbay Minerals Inc , higher by 6.6%.
* Lagging shares were Ballard Power Systems Inc , down 6.5%, Canadian National Railway Co, down 6.1%, and MEG Energy Corp, lower by 3.7%.
* On the TSX 139 issues rose and 82 fell as a 1.7-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 5 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 188.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc , Manulife Financial Corp and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.43 points, or 2.1%, while the financials sector climbed 1.38 points, or 0.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 4.08%, or $1.7, to $40 a barrel. Brent crude fell 3.31%, or $1.43, to $41.73.
* The TSX is off 4.9% for the year.