Farfetch Stock- Head of Consumer Payments at Farfetch
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re passionate about operational excellence, acting with our customers and partners always in our heart. Covering the entire order journey, we create our online content, secure payments and fraud process compliance, ensure order fulfilment and delivery, while providing customer and partner care. In a nutshell, we love to create seamless and memorable luxury experiences for our customers all around the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
You will lead a team responsible for payment performance globally, a payment processing budget in the tens of millions, our payment method offering, and being the primary relationship holder and face of our company in the provider ecosystem. This is a dynamic and challenging role. Its scope and reach is wide, meaning it offers a broad spectrum of experiences. As a core part of the leadership team within the Payments & Fraud department, your peers inside this group will be the Head of Fraud and the Analytics Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will develop and execute our global payments long-term strategy, helping us capitalize on current and emerging trends, challenges, and opportunities to grow our company and improve the experiences we give our customers. Lead the team to execute on this strategy, improving our core payments offering, whether it’s improving our authorisation rate, our conversion rate, our underlying cost base, or ensuring we have a scalable and compliant platform.
- Lead, develop and coach your team to reach their potential, creating a culture and structure that will lead to long term sustainable success in the area. You’ll shape the team to scale.
- Display thought leadership on fintech and payments internally at a senior level (C-level, VP etc), setting a clear direction for navigating compliance, regulation and user expectation shifts.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date industry knowledge and trends in the team, particularly in the space of card scheme compliance, regulation and fee structures, while building close ties with those in the industry. You’ll use your experience to grow the next generation of experts in Farfetch.
- Manage a processing budget in the tens of millions, setting and achieving budgetary efficiency targets.
- Own and develop the overall partnerships with our PSP partners around the globe, ensuring your team leverages the strengths of our existing and future partners to deliver maximum value to our company.
- Work with leadership in Technology, Product, Commercial, Finance, Security,
- Customer Experience and more to achieve our company and department aims.
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced and passionate payments professional, with 5+ years of experience, who has worked in an international e-commerce company or payment service provider leading a team or department. Multi-channel or marketplace experience is a plus.
- An excellent communicator, with the capability to communicate with many different kinds of people inside and outside the business. You know how to capture the attention of payment experts and novices alike.
- You’re commercially minded, accustomed to negotiating multi-million dollar deals and identifying growth initiatives.
- Proactive and a self-starter. You make things happen.
- You’re data and detail orientated, and don’t leave things to chance.
- You’re able to demonstrate a track record of building strong relationships and ties across the payment ecosystem.
- A natural collaborator and influencer.
- Comfortable in making decisions with uncertainty in a fast-moving environment.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
The Head of Consumer Payments is a strategic leadership role that will develop and execute the payments strategy across all geographies and teams.