VOO Stock – Tesla CEO’s Early Years, Career, Controversies
- Elon Musk has had a tumultuous yet successful life.
- He was bullied as a child but ultimately attended an Ivy League university before going on to become the CEO of two companies, Tesla and SpaceX, and the founder of three more.
- He’s also been married three times and has triplets and twins. He recently had another baby with his girlfriend, the musician Grimes.
- But Musk also courts controversy, especially on Twitter. The tech billionaire has been outspoken about the coronavirus crisis, questioning the severity of the outbreak and urging for business to resume.
- Now, Musk has hit a new milestone: His net worth has skyrocketed to $187 billion, making him the richest person in the world.
- Visit Fintech Zoom’s homepage for more stories.
It seems like there’s nothing Elon Musk won’t try.
As CEO of SpaceX and Tesla, founder of The Boring Company, and cofounder of OpenAI and Neuralink, Musk seems to be everywhere all at once, pushing all kinds of futuristic technologies. He’s said he won’t be happy until we’ve escaped Earth and colonized Mars.
Between space rockets, electric cars, solar batteries, and the billions he’s made along the way, Musk is basically a real-life Tony Stark — which is why he served as an inspiration for Marvel’s 2008 “Iron Man” film.
But it hasn’t always been smooth sailing for Musk. Here’s how he went from getting bullied in school to becoming a small-time entrepreneur and eventually the CEO of two major companies that seem like they’re straight out of science fiction — and how he almost went broke along the way, incited lawsuits and government scrutiny, and became one of the most controversial figures in the world of business.
This is an update to an article originally published in August 2016. Katie Canales contributed to an earlier version of this story.