Stock Futures – Beyond Meat, DraftKings, Carnival: What to Watch When the Stock Market Opens Today
Here’s what we’re watching before Wednesday’s trading gets underway.
- U.S. stock futures hovered at the flatline as investors awaited notes from the Federal Reserve’s last policy meeting for clues on how officials view inflation and the pace of economic recovery.
- Futures tied to the S&P 500, the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the technology-heavy Nasdaq-100 were all unchanged. Read our full market wrap.
What’s Coming Up
- Earnings are due from Simply Good Foods before markets open. Landec will give an update after the close.
- The Federal Reserve releases minutes from its March 16-17 meeting at 2 p.m.
- U.S. consumer credit for February is out at 3 p.m.
Market Movers to Watch
— Beyond Meat shares climbed 2.9% premarket after the plant-based meat company said it will open its own production facility in China.
— Carnival shares added 3% ahead of the bell. The cruise operator on Tuesday said it is extending its sailing pause out of the U.S. by a month through the end of June as U.S. authorities haven’t laid out a clear timeline for a resumption of cruises. Royal Caribbean was also up, by 2.3%.
— DraftKings shares rose 2.3% premarket after New York officially approved legal online sports betting.
— Smart Global Holdings shares ticked up 2.2% premarket on better-than-expected financial projections for the third quarter.