Apple’s iPhone 12 has been gaining a lot of attention from photographers and tech-savvy users. While the company has introduced many changes to the quality and design of the phone, one noticeable feature that sets iPhone 12 pro max apart from other devices is its camera. We’ve seen a remarkable improvement in the mobile’s camera. The specifications are excellent, and the camera quality is incredible.
Brands and influencers often wonder if smartphones are enough to record a quality video for commercial purposes. The cameras of the iPhone could be brilliant, but can they be used for crafting professional videos? Usually, DSLR is the best choice for shooting commercial videos. And while the videos and pictures shot from DSLR and other professional cameras look amazing, they could prove extremely expensive.
Reasons why iPhone 12 is Better than DSLR Camera
The camera of the iPhone is evolving in terms of quality, color, zooming features, and brightness. You don’t need to spend extra on the professional camera when you have iPhone available in your pocket. It will help you record and edit professional videos in simple clicks. Below we are going to discuss a few crucial reasons why iPhone 12 is your best bet for shooting commercial videos.
- Anyone with the basic knowledge of recording videos can use iPhone 12 to shoot quality videos. You don’t have to hire a videographer to shoot and edit the commercial videos. That’s the specialty of the iPhone 12. In fact, the camera of the iPhone 12 pro max is better than DSLR. It is easy to use and a cost-effective option. Whether you need to capture the video of a special recipe or shoot a slow-mo, the iPhone camera offers you the best results.
- iPhone is a water-resistant and dust-proof device, which means you can capture any number of videos in just about any weather seamlessly. Whether it is raining or snowing, your iPhone 12 camera will help you shoot a high-quality video in any environment.
- The device is quite portable. Unlike DSLR, iPhone cameras are accessible. You could carry the phone wherever you want. Besides that, the iPhone is a lightweight device. You don’t have to bring a camera, lenses, tripod, and other accessories to a shooting location. Just grab your iPhone, open the camera, and start recording.
- iPhone is relatively cheaper than a DSLR camera, and it comes with a set of technical features and other options. DSLR is only used for capturing pictures and recording videos. It lacks other technical features.
Editing Videos on iPhone 12
The major benefit of shooting videos on your smartphone camera is the convenience of making improvements, adding filters, changing brightness, and adjusting other settings effortlessly. You can use your iPhone 12 camera to record professional-looking videos that could be edited in a matter of minutes.
Whether you want to crop the video or customize the captions, iPhone 12 offers you the best way to edit any type of video. You can download the video editing software app on your mobile for video editing or use the built-in mobile camera. There are many video makers and video editor apps available on the AppStore. You could install them on your device and use these apps whenever you want. You can also know about photo camera Vs. DSLR.
The Dolby Vision
One feature that makes the iPhone similar to the DSLR is its recent Dolby Vision feature. To those who are not aware of the Dolby function, it is a new built-in feature in iPhone 12 that enables users to shoot HDR videos that offer excellent visuals and better quality. Using Dolby Vision, you can shoot videos in 4k format at 30fps. iPhone 12 Pro allows you to record videos at 60fps. In order to activate the Dolby vision, you must follow the below videoing tips:
- Go to settings
- Select “Camera.”
- Tap on the “record video” button
- Turn on the HDR video option to activate the Dolby vision. There you go! All your videos will be recorded in HDR format.
Both DSLR and iPhone 12 have cameras with almost similar functionalities, with only a few hardly noticeable differences. Both devices allow users to shoot high-quality and clear videos. However, the zoom lens of DSLR is better than iPhone’s zoom lens. Even though the latter offers a night camera mode, the pictures clicked at night, or the videos recorded in the dim light will not be as clear as DSLR videos.
So, have you been looking for a high-quality camera that could help you shoot and edit professional videos but is available at a reasonable price? Well, iPhone 12 is the best alternative to DSLR, Nikon, Canon, and other cameras.
You could achieve the same results when shooting videos with iPhone 12 as Canon and DSLR.