Welcome to 10 Issues Earlier than the Opening Bell. Join right here to get this e-mail in your inbox each morning.
Here is what you have to know earlier than markets open.Commercial
1. Netflix gained $25 billion in market cap after a survey discovered subscribers plan to stay round after the pandemic. The video-streaming service’s stock price soared 12% on Wednesday after a survey indicated it’ll retain a bit of the subscribers it added throughout lockdown.
2. Warren Buffett’s favourite market indicator soars to report excessive, signaling stocks are overvalued and a crash may be coming. The gauge hit a historic 183% on Wednesday, reflecting the current surge in US stocks and the plunge in second-quarter GDP.
3. The CEO of a $1 billion ETF supplier explains how the COVID-19 disaster fully upended buyers’ most dependable sources of regular returns — and shares the place to seek out earnings as dividends and bond yields dry up. “Revenue alternative has actually change into an enormous speaking level for buyers.”Commercial
4. David Baron’s fund has returned 400% to buyers prior to now decade utilizing 20 stocks or fewer. He shared with us the three stocks he snapped up in 2020 — and the three journey and leisure bets he loves going ahead. The Baron Targeted Progress Fund has smashed its benchmark by returning 61% to buyers this 12 months.
5. A whole bunch of flips and dozens of leases: Listed here are the Four real-estate investing methods HGTV veteran Chris Naugle is leveraging to verify each deal is a winner. Naugle determined to present real-estate investing a go after watching a 23-minute house-flipping present on HGTV.
6. TikTok CEO Kevin Mayer resigned because the Trump administration is pushing to ban the Chinese language-owned app. “It’s with a heavy coronary heart that I wished to allow you to all know that I’ve determined to go away the corporate.”Commercial
7. Elon Musk is now worth $100 billion, half of Jeff Bezos. Musk’s internet worth has skyrocketed this 12 months as Tesla’s stock price has soared, however he is nonetheless solely half as rich because the Amazon CEO.
8. Stocks are broadly down. Germany’s DAX, Britain’s FTSE 100, and the Euro Stoxx 50 are down between 0.1% and 0.5%, and US indexes are additionally set to open within the crimson.
9. Extra tech earnings are due. VMware, Workday, and Okta are on the record.Commercial
10. It is a busy day on the economics entrance. Fed chief Jerome Powell’s speech at Jackson Gap is the spotlight.